Pages:
Author

Topic: One of Satoshi's BTC address - page 2. (Read 17007 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
March 06, 2015, 12:57:19 AM
Anyone know how many addresses Satoshi may have (from the beginning), I mean is there any talk about the beginning days beyond the white paper?

Sergio Lerner has spent more time and effort than is really healthy tracking down which Bitcoin addresses belong to Satoshi.  You can read his opinions, and his reasoning/methodology, here. 

https://bitslog.wordpress.com/2013/04/17/the-well-deserved-fortune-of-satoshi-nakamoto/

As best he can make out, Satoshi has something 1.14M bitcoins. 

As such, Satoshi has already made history, back when Bitcoin was poking its nose above $1000 per coin, as the first anonymous billionaire of the 21st Century.

But as far as I could tell, he only mined to secure the blockchain.  I don't think he has any interest in those coins.

I wish someone had an estimate of how many of those coins did satoshi sell.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1129
March 06, 2015, 12:34:41 AM
Anyone know how many addresses Satoshi may have (from the beginning), I mean is there any talk about the beginning days beyond the white paper?

Sergio Lerner has spent more time and effort than is really healthy tracking down which Bitcoin addresses belong to Satoshi.  You can read his opinions, and his reasoning/methodology, here. 

https://bitslog.wordpress.com/2013/04/17/the-well-deserved-fortune-of-satoshi-nakamoto/

As best he can make out, Satoshi has something 1.14M bitcoins. 

As such, Satoshi has already made history, back when Bitcoin was poking its nose above $1000 per coin, as the first anonymous billionaire of the 21st Century.

But as far as I could tell, he only mined to secure the blockchain.  I don't think he has any interest in those coins.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007
Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets
March 05, 2015, 11:56:00 PM

I don't think someone does , but if you could find old address withing block 500 , i believe they belong to Hal or satoshi or maybe some else who took bitcoin in start
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
March 05, 2015, 11:54:15 PM
legendary
March 05, 2015, 11:45:07 PM
Just found something
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-and-me-hal-finney-155054

the BTC addres might belong to Hal Finney , seeing how he says ,
When Satoshi announced the first release of the software, I grabbed it right away. I think I was the first person besides Satoshi to run bitcoin. I mined block 70-something, and I was the recipient of the first bitcoin transaction, when Satoshi sent ten coins to me as a test. I carried on an email conversation with Satoshi over the next few days, mostly me reporting bugs and him fixing them.

It's sad we lost such a great person and may be those bitcoins along with him
may he Rest in Peace Smiley
legendary
March 02, 2015, 06:43:03 AM
It's just strange to think that Satoshi or Hall thought of those coins as we think of todays Satoshi's. {zero value}

It is sad that those coins are lost forever...  Sad  ..... If I was Satoshi, I would send it to a account owned by our MtGox King... shift all the spotlight onto the bad boys of bitcoin. {Let them explain}

This will be one of the biggest unsolved mysteries of the world. {Why leave such a huge treasure?} ---> dubbed the "Million coin mystery"  Grin Grin Grin

It is possible that this address belongs to Satoshi , though it's not sure.
Even if it is , they might probably not have forgetten or lost them , they are just lying there .
Dormant
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
March 02, 2015, 02:05:48 AM
It's just strange to think that Satoshi or Hall thought of those coins as we think of todays Satoshi's. {zero value}

It is sad that those coins are lost forever...  Sad  ..... If I was Satoshi, I would send it to a account owned by our MtGox King... shift all the spotlight onto the bad boys of bitcoin. {Let them explain}

This will be one of the biggest unsolved mysteries of the world. {Why leave such a huge treasure?} ---> dubbed the "Million coin mystery"  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 356
March 02, 2015, 12:52:32 AM
Where are others Satoshi's Btc located ? It would be nice for bitcoin holders if your coins lost forever
legendary
March 01, 2015, 11:25:02 PM

Thanks for share. This is very old wallet, and looks like that addy not spend btc.
one of transaction come form "Twitter - DanMAbraham" satoshi friend Huh lol

~iki

Not necessarily , as stated people are /were just tipping for good luck Smiley

This sounds about right. I think a lot of people like to speculate about satoshi but ...
Satoshi appears to want to be left alone and we should respect that.

Yep! totally agree with that and respect the privacy of our GodFather Wink , am just sharing a souvenir Cheesy
Activity: 252
March 01, 2015, 08:58:11 PM
Sending tips to Satoshi's addresses is like throwing pennies in a wishing well.

Yeah... That's what OP said.  Tongue
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
March 01, 2015, 08:08:36 PM
Sending tips to Satoshi's addresses is like throwing pennies in a wishing well.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
March 01, 2015, 06:08:22 PM
This sounds about right. I think a lot of people like to speculate about satoshi but ...
Satoshi appears to want to be left alone and we should respect that.
Activity: 686
fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!
March 01, 2015, 03:33:54 PM
This seems to be one of his probable address
It still have 50 btc from 13 jan 2009 , i.e. 10 days after the first Genesis block was mined
Block number 264
https://blockchain.info/address/1CFBdvaiZgZPTZERqnezAtDQJuGHKoHSzg

Just thought to share it with you guys Smiley

EDIT:
Found some more
So this is the Genesis block
http://blockexplorer.com/address/1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa
People have tipped into it for goodluck it seems Cheesy

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/its-good-luck-to-tip-the-satosh-via-the-wisdom-well-70553

Thanks for share. This is very old wallet, and looks like that addy not spend btc.
one of transaction come form "Twitter - DanMAbraham" satoshi friend Huh lol

~iki
legendary
March 01, 2015, 02:38:45 PM
How do we know for sure these are Satoshi's old addresses? is there a way to tell?

No there is no way to tell if it's satoshi or even who actually own this
We don't even know if the guy who really owns this , remember about it anymore
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
March 01, 2015, 12:57:01 PM
How do we know for sure these are Satoshi's old addresses? is there a way to tell?
legendary
March 01, 2015, 10:51:46 AM
i'm sure if bitcoin in that address start moving somewhere else, bitcoin world will be boisterous Cheesy
and markets start panic because they think satoshi will dump bitcoin in his possesion
It might rather be the case if they move , but that might mean that he is onto something bigger too Wink
reading through the other people's comments, made me wonder if it is really one of the satoshi's addresses or just some early adopter who probably mined the 264 th block, got the reward in one of hos addresses and gave up bitcoin, since the price was too low.
if this is right we have a very sad person here who lost a great opportunity!

It might be true but as it was stated the genesis block was on 3rd jan 2009 , the first block on 9th jan 2009
and for some months satoshi and some other starters were the only one who mined , maybe people like Hal Finney
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
March 01, 2015, 10:32:53 AM
reading through the other people's comments, made me wonder if it is really one of the satoshi's addresses or just some early adopter who probably mined the 264 th block, got the reward in one of hos addresses and gave up bitcoin, since the price was too low.
if this is right we have a very sad person here who lost a great opportunity!
Activity: 476
March 01, 2015, 07:46:15 AM
i'm sure if bitcoin in that address start moving somewhere else, bitcoin world will be boisterous Cheesy
and markets start panic because they think satoshi will dump bitcoin in his possesion
legendary
March 01, 2015, 12:53:00 AM
Why are we all of a sudden trying to figure out which addresses are Satoshi's?

It's not sudden, anything related to satoshi always catches interest , even if it's not satoshi's , these coins are way way old
Activity: 644
March 01, 2015, 12:51:02 AM
Why are we all of a sudden trying to figure out which addresses are Satoshi's?
Pages:
Jump to: