Pages:
Author

Topic: One strike web of trust, where a verified personal photo is your ID? - page 2. (Read 3237 times)

riX
Activity: 326
Merit: 252
In the future it will be possible to search for photos with the same person in it on the internet using face recognition, the technology exists, an example is picasa.

I wouldn't trust anyone just because I've seen their photo.

The same functionality can be had with current PGP-based trust-rings, just have someone sign their photo file.

The question is, how would you know that the photo is not of someone else? You'll need additional information for that.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
Already exists, no need to reinvent the wheel. See the thing in action here: http://www.startssl.org/?app=11

Notaries verify each other in person with a photo ID. Rogue users risk their certificates being revoked.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
Is one thoughtless reply really all I'm going to get?
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
Ok I have this idea for which I wanted to test the waters a bit first to see whether or not I should even bother..

My hypothetical questions to you are this:

a) Would you consider a bitcoin transaction anonymous if the only info associated with it about your identity was your personal photo(no name, no IP, nothing besides your mug shot)? (this is more of a theoretical question)

b) Would you be willing to provide your personal photo to an organization in exchange for singing a contract binding yourself to certain private rules, a breach of which would only mean you'd get your membership with this organization terminated, and then whenever doing a bitcoin transaction you'd only do it if you and the counter party could see for each other that you are both on this organization's private members list of photos therefor knowing you both signed, agreed to and so far haven't broken the same private rules as an assurance against fraud or crime? (practical question)

The private organization in b) is kind of like a one strike web of trust, where a verified personal photo is your ID.
Pages:
Jump to: