Pages:
Author

Topic: - One String - a novel bitfury miner design - - page 5. (Read 21308 times)

vs3
Activity: 622
Merit: 500
Intron - Is this design based on the same idea that Tytus had:

2. 8-chip cards that were supposed to give more hashrate per chip using the same 30Amp power regulator, this design failed !!! the new PCB was designed as 2 layers and it generates too much noise to connect 2 h-cards in one bank ... so we can use such cards only in the last position of the bank.
3. provisional 5V string designs [no power regulator], this is a very promising design, chips run very clean and fast, but require cooling. If this is not provided or if it fails, chips heat up, leakage increases, chips consume more power and heat up more and melt and burn finally http://150.254.111.246/img/S7300314.JPG, http://150.254.111.246/img/S7300316.JPG ... the chips don't have any thermal sensors so I am still thinking how to detect such problems using the hardware we have.
(in case the images above don't work here are the two images again: http://imgur.com/D7yH26n and http://imgur.com/gqVOtA5 )

and where you later commented that it was an experiment that went out of control -

What's that pic ... the new boards?

and what's that pic ? ^^

http://150.254.111.246/img/S7300314.JPG

It's an experiment that went a bit out of control.
The latest scientific explanation I heard is that
"the boards don't like women." Not really sure
about that though:)

intron

So basically - is it the same design? If so - what has been done (and was there anything done) to avoid the same outcome as tytus' ?

And just out of curiosity - are you guys going to be publishing the design schematics?
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080
This is the kind of design you need for a massive yet more cost effective mining farm. If had a bunch of bitfury chip reels guess what I'd be doing....

Congrats to intro and team for innovative board designs.

Activity: 110
Merit: 10
Good job guys. I really like new design ideas!
Activity: 427
Merit: 251
- electronics design|embedded software|verilog -
now get this to hash scrypt!....nice design.

Hand me some chips, we'll make you a miner:)
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002
now get this to hash scrypt!....nice design.
Activity: 725
So when will we see this hitting the streets?
legendary
Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000
It can be done with any chips, but requires extra components (opamp + mosfet)
I really like this design Smiley

You can have it:-)

Activity: 476
Merit: 262
EOSABC
I really like this design Smiley
Activity: 251
Merit: 250
I don't think Avalon chips have a String feature.
Activity: 833
Merit: 1001
neat and amazing job... are you guys planning to do the same for the latest avalon chips?
A tiny NXP ARM, LPC11U24FHI33/301.

Note that the design is not dependent on the exact type of microcontroller. As long as it has a built-in USB interface, some I/O pins, and a few kB of RAM, it can be used in the design. We picked the LPC because we had already used it on the bi*fury.
Very nice. Are you using your own custom miner software?
The USB interface protocol is the same as for bi*fury, so the latest cgminer/bfgminer version can be used.
didnt a similar design implemented as an H-board have a problem where if a chip shut off, all other chips became overvolted and shut off or melted?

As a side note: this string configuration of chips is beyond brilliant,
I think we must honour Valery for this. I have never seen anyone
doing this before. It makes board design so much simpler, elegant
and less costly.

intron

+1

BF is the most integrated chip design of all SHA-256 hashers. It's like Intel Haswell with included clock, Vreg, and logic. What's missing is auto-overclock and p-states Wink just jk.

btw which MCU are you using? Thanks!

A tiny NXP ARM, LPC11U24FHI33/301.

intron
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
didnt a similar design implemented as an H-board have a problem where if a chip shut off, all other chips became overvolted and shut off or melted?

and less costly.

intron

+1

BF is the most integrated chip design of all SHA-256 hashers. It's like Intel Haswell with included clock, Vreg, and logic. What's missing is auto-overclock and p-states Wink just jk.

all i can say is: thank god this design does not rely on a Raspberry Pi controller. Somehow my bitfury rig went its first 20 shutdown cycles without any issue, but since then it seems everytime i need to adjust it, the card is damaged. Just today i had to format it, run for 10 min, make the new chainminer, then after a few min of 0.000 results i used sudo reboot and the SD is dead again
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

and less costly.

intron

+1

Activity: 631
Very nice. Are you using your own custom miner software?

and less costly.

intron

Yes, you are right. We did that design, but we
didn't operate the board, no idea why it went
down in flames. Our strings board is running
solid now for days and days on end.

intron
The other side of the board has 15 different ground planes. The radiator can short them. Do you use a thermal pad between PCB and a heatsink? Or all ground covered with protective mask?

PS: Well done.

Smart guy:) It's Sil-Pad here.

intron
Pages:
Jump to: