Pages:
Author

Topic: One world currency, on the blockchain - page 2. (Read 205 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 104
⚡ Property-secured P2P lending ⚡
February 06, 2018, 06:58:09 PM
Yes we want an international currency like this but the people you ask to issue it? Holy shit that is literally the opposite of everything we are trying to accomplish. We want to get away from government censorship, and get back to being private and controlling our money. At the end of the day if one world government holds power on a currency it is no different than today and I would argue it is severely worse than todays situation. To me you got it all twisted because that one government currency would take away everything that Bitcoin currently is; it does not seem feasible.

Bitcoin is

-censorship resistant (no bad actors, random seizures, totalitarian regime)
-decentralized
-open and borderless (this remains intact)
-neutral (this would get tampered with as now they know who you are, bitcoin does not know or care who you are)

If all you have is the open and borderless thing that remains intact from everything Bitcoin is, it isn't Bitcoin or anything that was thought about at the beginning of all of this.

I can imagine that in the far future, a government based blockchain currency that is declared worldwide. This may be around the time a one world government is put in place, but this will not happen within our lifetimes. (If it ever does)

I'm not much into conspiracy theories, but I think it can theoretically happen. With a digital currency, you get paid with it and transfer it for everything that you pay for. Governments would be able to track every transaction and they will automatically deduct taxes. (I'm sure the tax code will be modified quite a few times by then)

Governments would be able to shut down payments from certain wallets, like if you were under suspicion of a felony and have not turned yourself in. Similar to what Julian Assange experienced when visa/mastercard/paypal donations were cut off.

There are other anonymous digital currencies where one can survive without the Gov backed blockchain that I'm sure will be used extensively.

Just thought it was an interesting topic and thinking off of the top of my head...
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
February 06, 2018, 06:55:23 PM
I can imagine that in the far future, a government based blockchain currency that is declared worldwide. This may be around the time a one world government is put in place, but this will not happen within our lifetimes. (If it ever does)

I'm not much into conspiracy theories, but I think it can theoretically happen. With a digital currency, you get paid with it and transfer it for everything that you pay for. Governments would be able to track every transaction and they will automatically deduct taxes. (I'm sure the tax code will be modified quite a few times by then)

Governments would be able to shut down payments from certain wallets, like if you were under suspicion of a felony and have not turned yourself in. Similar to what Julian Assange experienced when visa/mastercard/paypal donations were cut off.

There are other anonymous digital currencies where one can survive without the Gov backed blockchain that I'm sure will be used extensively.

Just thought it was an interesting topic and thinking off of the top of my head...
You can imagine that if you want but that is exactly what bitcoin is trying to avoid, if bitcoin is still around then we will have nothing to fear from a currency with such characteristic and in fact it will be very doubtful a currency like that will ever emerge when people will have the option to use bitcoin instead.
Activity: 63
Merit: 3
February 06, 2018, 06:39:57 PM
The interesting thing is you could prevent people from participating in commerce and essentially make them unable to buy or sell anything. You could implement this with the blockchain by permanently marking them or saying that those who do not bear the mark cannot participate, almost like I read about this in a book a long time ago...
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
February 06, 2018, 06:29:08 PM
Possibilities are high and it can actually happen. But in my opinion it will only increase crime and mostly corruption. A one government would not suite because every country have different cultures and traditions or even beliefs and understanding.
One government will only bring chaos. For instance, the president is from a specific country, how would he allot his time to understand what a specific country need. For he would only notice what his country wants and how he can make it rich.
He can easily turn down a country as he has the power.
Activity: 406
Merit: 19
February 06, 2018, 06:25:01 PM
Very interesting topic.
Every technological development is definitely followed by other technological developments. With blockchain technology the government can minimize expenditure. Every transaction can be done quickly (without waiting), when the transaction is in progress, at the same time the blockchain system instantly records, and doesn`t require intermediaries (third parties).
Activity: 602
Merit: 118
February 06, 2018, 05:14:07 PM
I strongly believe this will happen in the future.
Blockchain technology that we know has now penetrated to all countries. Blockchain technology has been widely studied, even some countries have applied it to companies, and government-owned and private banking. I think, not just the currency that uses blockchain technology, it may be a plane ticket, train or so forth.
Activity: 266
Merit: 0
February 06, 2018, 05:02:26 PM
It can be since we are now in the period of technology where we can make things better than before. Government is just waiting time to take the newly system. The saddest event here if the government will push the citizens to have the altcoin they did. It is now again back to centralization.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
February 06, 2018, 04:35:44 PM
Technology is changing how the world invests and how sellers interact with clients… Probably, most of them intend to sharpen the focus on their technology and risk management businesses. It is clearly the beginning of a new era.
Activity: 126
Merit: 15
HodL!
February 06, 2018, 04:19:48 PM

Pages:
Jump to: