Pages:
Author

Topic: Online Digibyte Wallet - page 2. (Read 9941 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 528
June 07, 2016, 10:55:17 AM
Other thing is that I fear using offline wallet because my family members also use this PC and many times I saw that PC was affected by Trojon horse Sad
on the other hand if data is deleted that its impossible to recover it.
That's the main reason why I prefer online wallet

Well the best place to store them if you want to invest for a long time, is in a paper wallet. But let's say that you want to make a small profit out of it for a short period of time - I will suggest you to use the Digibyte wallet to store them only at the moment when you buy them and then just encrypt the wallet and put it on some CD, USB or some sort of memory card. After you do this, just delete the wallet from you computer and when the time come to for you to sell them, you can awlays put the wallet back. By the way if you have some sort of password which is like 20 characters long with different symbols like upper cases, lower cases and numbers in it, it will take years for someone to crack it. Now considering the fact that Digibyte is an alt coin and previously I have mined it too, it seems that it have a long way to go before going mainstream, so I don't think someone will even bother stealing your wallet and cracking it for years if your password is good... Remember that storing your coins in an online wallet or some exchange for example is the worst thing you can do if you hold big amounts of the coin - you can never trust online services, so better to store your coins next to you!!!
The question I asked was Can anyone tell me where I can get digibyte online wallet.  Huh Huh
Activity: 232
Merit: 105
Solarcoin.org
June 07, 2016, 10:17:06 AM
Other thing is that I fear using offline wallet because my family members also use this PC and many times I saw that PC was affected by Trojon horse Sad
on the other hand if data is deleted that its impossible to recover it.
That's the main reason why I prefer online wallet

Well the best place to store them if you want to invest for a long time, is in a paper wallet. But let's say that you want to make a small profit out of it for a short period of time - I will suggest you to use the Digibyte wallet to store them only at the moment when you buy them and then just encrypt the wallet and put it on some CD, USB or some sort of memory card. After you do this, just delete the wallet from you computer and when the time come to for you to sell them, you can awlays put the wallet back. By the way if you have some sort of password which is like 20 characters long with different symbols like upper cases, lower cases and numbers in it, it will take years for someone to crack it. Now considering the fact that Digibyte is an alt coin and previously I have mined it too, it seems that it have a long way to go before going mainstream, so I don't think someone will even bother stealing your wallet and cracking it for years if your password is good... Remember that storing your coins in an online wallet or some exchange for example is the worst thing you can do if you hold big amounts of the coin - you can never trust online services, so better to store your coins next to you!!!
June 07, 2016, 08:03:01 AM
I am looking forward in investing in Digibyte is there any online wallet for it like Coinbase or Blockchain.
Thanks

A quick google turned up https://www.coinwallet.co/en/currency/DGB
I don't know if it's reliable, my advice would always be to stay away from online wallets (with an online wallet, you're not the only one having access to your private key, sometimes you don't have access to your private key at all, so you're not the only one in controll of your funds), but in case you do your research, and you're willing to take a big leap of faith, you now have an online wallet.
I saw coinwallet but I avoided to use it because it says " Important Notice: CoinWallet.co is closing. Please withdraw all coins by May 1st 2016. click here for the announcement "

I doubt that if I made any deposit then they might close @any moment

sorry, i missed that text at the top of the page, i just googled a bit and posted the first url that looked more or less like an online wallet Wink
I know it's not really what you asked for, but coinomi also includes digibyte (as a beta). Coinomi is an android wallet supporting multiple coins.

The pro's:
-it's an android wallet, so exactly like an online wallet, it can be used anywhere where there's wireless internet available
-the keys stay on your android device, and are never sent to the server
-it's an HD wallet, meaning you don't have to sync the full blockchain, only the headers (meaning it's fast and small)

the cons:
-you'll need an android phone
-you'll need wireless internet
-IMHO less safe than a desktop wallet (but safer than an online wallet)

Offline = security
That's the main reason I prefer an offline wallet
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
June 07, 2016, 07:21:43 AM
I am looking forward in investing in Digibyte is there any online wallet for it like Coinbase or Blockchain.
Thanks

I don't know if it's reliable, my advice would always be to stay away from online wallets (with an online wallet, you're not the only one having access to your private key, sometimes you don't have access to your private key at all, so you're not the only one in controll of your funds), but in case you do your research, and you're willing to take a big leap of faith, you now have an online wallet.
I saw coinwallet but I avoided to use it because it says " Important Notice: CoinWallet.co is closing. Please withdraw all coins by May 1st 2016. click here for the announcement "

sorry, i missed that text at the top of the page, i just googled a bit and posted the first url that looked more or less like an online wallet Wink
I know it's not really what you asked for, but coinomi also includes digibyte (as a beta). Coinomi is an android wallet supporting multiple coins.

The pro's:
-it's an android wallet, so exactly like an online wallet, it can be used anywhere where there's wireless internet available
-the keys stay on your android device, and are never sent to the server
-it's an HD wallet, meaning you don't have to sync the full blockchain, only the headers (meaning it's fast and small)

the cons:
-you'll need an android phone
-you'll need wireless internet
-IMHO less safe than a desktop wallet (but safer than an online wallet)
June 07, 2016, 07:15:18 AM
Thanks

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
June 07, 2016, 07:07:32 AM
Thanks

June 07, 2016, 07:00:39 AM
Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: