Pages:
Author

Topic: Only buy 1+ Terahash or more Bitcoin miners hardware - page 3. (Read 22285 times)

Activity: 529
Merit: 501
Well, if the difficulty goes that high, it means coins will be incredibly hard to get.

Which means that the demand will outstrip the supply.

Which means that the price of BTC will skyrocket.

The network is supposed to be self-stabilizing. Time for a real test, I guess.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Follow pedrog's words of wisdom and visit Actor Tom's website.  All will be revealed.

EDIT:  If after visiting his website, you can keep a straight face while reading any of Actor Tom's posts on this forum...  most impressive.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Is this post even serious? High tech team? Please...
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012
All generation 1 miners will be rendered unless very soon.   Gen 2 will get ROI depending on WHEN YOU GET YOUR MINER compared to the rest of the queue and others competing for lower difficulty slots.  It is all about when you get your ASIC miner.
legendary
Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018
There are more and more threads popping up recently which basically warn people away from buying ASIC hardware, or if they still want to buy then to spend a huge amount of money (that most people can't afford).

There are three reasons I can think of for such postings:

1 - The poster has ASICs on order and doesn't want more competition and less bitcoins generated.  He has yet to join the ASIC party and doesn't want to be holding the bag when unprofitability strikes.

2 - The poster already has an ASIC and is seeing the number of bitcoins produced reduce by 30% every 10 days.  ROI is becoming more difficult.

3 - The poster is simply a nice guy and wants to save others he has no relationship with at all some time and money.

All considered, #3 is very unlikely.  The pleading for people to stop buying ASICs is becoming more desperate.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Thank you! Thank you! ...
WARNING:
My high tech team analyzed the Bitcoin industry rigorously and found that it is only worth it if you purchase 1+ Terahash or more Bitcoin miner, most of them won't ship until December 2013 or later.

The difficulty will be well over 500,000,000 millions soon. At that difficulty, it will render all of your Bitcoin miners useless.
You would be better of just buy the Bitcoins out right, then to mine them.

Said one prisoner to the other "Just don't squeal and we'll be okay!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner%27s_dilemma
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Designer - Developer
Poor Tom is actually afflicted with the mental retardation.. Don't be mean to him.. But then again don't listen to a single thing that comes out of his mouth either.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
WARNING!!!!!

My back of the envelope calculator clearly states that buying an ASIC right now is a fool's game.

Even if it's realllly expensive.  And fast.
Activity: 364
Merit: 253
What is this? Scarevertising?  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
@Pedrog

I took your suggestion and checked out his website.  You're assessment on it was spot on. Smiley

Haha, there's quite a collection of facts in there!  Cheesy
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
@Pedrog

I took your suggestion and checked out his website.  You're assessment on it was spot on. Smiley
Activity: 431
Merit: 261

Thanks for that hearty laugh, Pedrog!

And I do appreciate the mining advice, Tom, no matter what species your team of experts is.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029
Posting shit everyone... Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
WARNING:
My high tech team analyzed the Bitcoin industry rigorously and found that it is only worth it if you purchase 1+ Terahash or more Bitcoin miner, most of them won't ship until December 2013 or later.

LOL  Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
WARNING:

The difficulty will be well over 500,000,000 millions soon. At that difficulty, it will render all of your Bitcoin miners useless.

Related thread:

Bitcoin Mining PCI-E Card 10Gh/s card for only $100
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-mining-pci-e-card-10ghs-card-for-only-100-287706

USB block erupters are now useless. $5 - $7 each.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/usb-block-erupters-are-now-useless-5-7-each-277330

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000
WARNING:

Related thread:

Bitcoin Mining PCI-E Card 10Gh/s card for only $100
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-mining-pci-e-card-10ghs-card-for-only-100-287706

USB block erupters are now useless. $5 - $7 each.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/usb-block-erupters-are-now-useless-5-7-each-277330
Pages:
Jump to: