Pages:
Author

Topic: OP posting easier identification system - page 3. (Read 776 times)

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 3858
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
Can the forum software be upgraded to add (OP) in caps after the user handle so to better know the original poster replies.
It can be doable or non-doable. You should know that the forum uses the SMF software that has some drawbacks in terms of new features and so forth. Even it is doable, I think it is unnecessary.

I know that the original poster replies are written by his\her name but you have to concentrate to find the name of the poster.
You don't have to concentrate too much. What you must do to find OP's username is click on the first page, scroll up to the opening post and get that username.

It is a must-do step even you don't aim at finding OP's username. It's unacceptable when people write post to do what they call as joining discussion but don't mind to read what is raised by OP. If they do care about it, they should read OP, the first page and get username already. In addition, to catch what's going on in the dicussion, they should read the last page(s) of that topic as well.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 841
I didn't find it necessary, why should we need to know which user is the Original Poster and which users isn't the Original Poster in the first place? When I want to reply someone post, I always read the whole posts to make sure I replied with the new idea and different perspective to contribute about the thread. Many users only read the Original Poster and the last post, then replied even his idea has been posted by another users.

I think if the Original Poster want to announce something important to make the readers didn't missed his post/announcement, he can easily post it on reserved post (below of the first post).
Activity: 117
Merit: 52
 Can the forum software be upgraded to add (OP) in caps after the user handle so to better know the original poster replies. I know that the original poster replies are written by his\her name but you have to concentrate to find the name of the poster. By adding (OP) just after the original poster replies, the human mind can quickly read the replies of the OP he/she only wants to read it.
Pages:
Jump to: