Pages:
Author

Topic: Open-E-Farm Bitcoin backing - page 2. (Read 4013 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
May 30, 2011, 10:05:34 AM
That's Factor-e-Farm at http://opensourceecology.org/ I believe.

They are a group, currently backed by about 100*10$/month of donations, developing the means to living off of local resources (sustainably) with minimal work needed, with a view to ending artificial scarcity. They advocate a truly free distributed (p2p) economy outside the bounds of patents and copyright law.

So far they have developed open hardware for building housing and machines that make machines.

I personally believe (and put my money where my mouth is Wink, that their development effort will start something great. They are already filling orders for machines on the order of several thousand dollars, more machine shops should follow soon.
Activity: 275
Merit: 250
May 30, 2011, 09:10:24 AM
I was not familiar with open-e-farm. I see there is some information out there to be found, but what are your personal experiences and thoughts about the project? Can you give us some more info on possible bitcoin/open-e-farm synergies?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
May 28, 2011, 10:53:16 PM
Would you like to see bitcoin become permanent? Separate from usd speculation? I believe donating bitcoins to and convincing the open-e-farm team to accept bitcoins for their global village construction set will be a monumental step  in solidifying bitcoin as a legitimate currency. I also believe doing so for those developing open source hardware. Why? Because the means of production to sustain human life and the bitcoin system will be open source and valued in its own denomination. This is revolutionary.

Pages:
Jump to: