Pages:
Author

Topic: [Open - Group Buy]Dualminer USB ASIC scrypt miner $45 [USA Only][Batch #4] - page 12. (Read 33958 times)

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

For those who don't send the extra money, downgrade their order and refund the difference. So if they purchased 10 @ 1.07 and they're short $130, you would send them 8 (applying the difference) and any remaining would be sent back to them.

thats a damn good idea.. just takes alot of work and math from OP Smiley

Math... PSH.. Thats why i got excell spreadsheet for all this.. Smiley Shocked

although still entails the question is should i?

At this point, it's the only workable solution.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
Let's do it then.. Deadline the same since you initially give the deadline so everyone should know what it is, those who don't pay the .02 diff per miner gets downgraded. I'm sure people would rather have some miners instead of a full refund
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Mining for the hell of it.

For those who don't send the extra money, downgrade their order and refund the difference. So if they purchased 10 @ 1.07 and they're short $130, you would send them 8 (applying the difference) and any remaining would be sent back to them.

Math... PSH.. Thats why i got excell spreadsheet for all this.. Smiley Shocked

although still entails the question is should i?
legendary

i dont even have enough btc right now to cover what your asking.. but i can cover the difference of what we paid in .107 to what is now $85

im sure most could.. i wonder if theres a way to lock in the purchase with dualminer at the price and just charge everyone whos on the list the difference of what was paid to 85 bucks.. if people back out im sure youd be able to flip the leftovers to sbfree or ebay them for $120

that is what $85 is right now.

Believe me if i had the coin i would of gotten them already.

Didn't someone earlier in the thread promise to buy the remaining?

Yea but I haven't heard from them since then.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I see it is there are two problems.

1 - You don't have enough orders to hit 300
2 - The btc you have is not worth what it was when you started accepting orders.

Is this the problem?

you got it

All right. Looking at their pricing structure, it seems that he can order 100-299 for $83.3. Getting over 300 would push it down to 79.38.

.107 (the price we paid) right now according to coinbase is worth $70.27 - making us $13 short for each one (assuming we don't have 300 orders). $13 is .02 btc. So if we all added .02 btc for each miner, he would have enough.

legendary
i dont even have enough btc right now to cover what your asking.. but i can cover the difference of what we paid in .107 to what is now $85

im sure most could.. i wonder if theres a way to lock in the purchase with dualminer at the price and just charge everyone whos on the list the difference of what was paid to 85 bucks.. if people back out im sure youd be able to flip the leftovers to sbfree or ebay them for $120

2 - The btc you have is not worth what it was when you started accepting orders.

Is this the problem?

you got it.. with btc tanking at the price now we are short .023 per dualminer

Is this the problem?
legendary

yeah where is sbfree!! he needs to "lock em up"

but what im wondering is, even if you keep this open to fill the GB amnt, youd still be short the money to send to dualminer as everyone paid less than the price.. so keeping this open wont be useful.. the only way at this point is to have everyone pay the difference of 0.023 per item and quickly place the order

I keep hearing speculations that once MtGox reopens withdrawals the price will jump. Should we wait till Tuesday ?

Demon thanks for PM on 9 paid miners. The second message that lists summary of orders now shows substantial deficit 227/300 Sad Will you be able to order even if the price gets above $700?

well i wont have enough BTC to cover the full 300. So unless prices jump over $750
I will be refunding all btc.  Cry

Couldn't you just continue the group buy until you have enough (either from more orders or higher price - or a combination?)
well a higher price would be the only way

Don't close it off at 300. Keep taking orders until you have the right amount of money.

I am ready to buy more, but am holding back because of all the confusion. I can't afford the extra amount you're asking, but according to my calculations I would be able to send the difference to bring it to $85 each. What I plan on doing is waiting until Sun morning and recalculating, sending you the difference at that time.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
I know what you are saying.
I don't have an answer.  The way BTC rates are going up again finally maybe another week before doing a refund will get you to the level you need to order.
MTGoX really has screwed everything up badly. 

I agree.  Please keep it open until you have enough.
Mid week I will be able to afford one as well to help out the group buy.  If things go well I may even be able to do 2 of them.

I keep hearing speculations that once MtGox reopens withdrawals the price will jump. Should we wait till Tuesday ?

Demon thanks for PM on 9 paid miners. The second message that lists summary of orders now shows substantial deficit 227/300 Sad Will you be able to order even if the price gets above $700?

well i wont have enough BTC to cover the full 300. So unless prices jump over $750

Couldn't you just continue the group buy until you have enough (either from more orders or higher price - or a combination?)

But okay then how would you say i get the money for the folks that have already paid?
Mid week I will be able to afford one as well to help out the group buy.  If things go well I may even be able to do 2 of them.

But okay then how would you say i get the money for the folks that have already paid?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

well a higher price would be the only way

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Pages:
Jump to: