Pages:
Author

Topic: Open Letter to Instawallet - page 3. (Read 7764 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
March 27, 2013, 03:17:29 PM
Did you tell them up front that you'd be demanding payment?

No I didn't care if it was payment or thank you (I would have liked payment more) but I got neither.

Well, maybe you should of told them first.  Would have probably saved you the time of posting this thread if you had.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
March 27, 2013, 03:16:53 PM
Dear Instawallet,

Yesterday I discovered a security flaw with your site, I spent nearly 6 hours working with David Francois Chief Technology Officer at Paymium

The security flaw impacted roughly 3000 people that use Instawallet and indirectly Paymimum, Paytunia, Instawire, and Bitcoin Central as all of these companies are yours.

After 6 hours of work, I can finally confirm that the security flaw is fixed. The security flaw was serious in my opinion, As all the URL’s of roughly 3000 people were publicly listed.

http://www.adaptiveglass.com/?p=656

So your extorting them? You want bitcoins cause you did the right thing and not STEAL which is morally wrong. Dude be happy you helped 3,000 people not lose there wealth and stop looking for the coins at the end of the road. I would say good you helped fixed an error, but that you are looking for a hand out kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Activity: 448
Merit: 251
Bitcoin
March 27, 2013, 03:16:29 PM

No I didn't care if it was payment or thank you (I would have liked payment more) but I got neither.
Bitcoin
March 27, 2013, 03:15:11 PM
The day we institute a Bitcoin Citizen of the Month award, I nominate The Founder  Cheesy

Agreed! Hat tip to you, sir.

LOL hat tip here:  1HByHZQ44LUCxxpnqtXDuJVmrSdrGK6Q2f

Seriously it would shove a thank you down their throat if people donated realizing I did what instawallet should have.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
March 27, 2013, 03:14:38 PM
Activity: 609
Merit: 505
March 27, 2013, 03:13:52 PM
The day we institute a Bitcoin Citizen of the Month award, I nominate The Founder  Cheesy

Agreed! Hat tip to you, sir.
Bitcoin
March 27, 2013, 03:13:43 PM

You can nominate me here:  1HByHZQ44LUCxxpnqtXDuJVmrSdrGK6Q2f

Seriously it's wrong what Instawallet did...  I spent a whole day fixing their crap.  they won't even say thanks or give me a Satoshi.

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001
March 27, 2013, 03:11:45 PM
Bitcoin
March 27, 2013, 03:11:33 PM
Great to hear!

You should read the whole article... 

After spending 6 hours of my time trying to fix your problem, a problem that I didn’t create, nor really discover. What happened was Google indexed them. I ran a site command working on a clients site and cut and pasted instwallet rather than the clients url by accident, I was then greeted with the bitcoins of 3000 of your users.

I did what any responsible person should do, I contacted you.

At the end of a day’s work helping and SOLVING your security flaw, I stated “you should tip me some bitcoins Smiley
Of course you disappeared.

Would it really have hurt you to say thanks
Activity: 300
Merit: 250
BitcoinStarter.com Support Account
March 27, 2013, 03:08:52 PM
Dear Instawallet,

Yesterday I discovered a security flaw with your site, I spent nearly 6 hours working with David Francois Chief Technology Officer at Paymium

The security flaw impacted roughly 3000 people that use Instawallet and indirectly Paymimum, Paytunia, Instawire, and Bitcoin Central as all of these companies are yours.

After 6 hours of work, I can finally confirm that the security flaw is fixed. The security flaw was serious in my opinion, As all the URL’s of roughly 3000 people were publicly listed.

Great to hear!
Bitcoin
March 27, 2013, 03:07:42 PM
Dear Instawallet,

Pages:
Jump to: