Pages:
Author

Topic: [Open to new investors] Invest in me. - page 2. (Read 2747 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Movin' on up.
December 10, 2013, 11:18:52 PM
Sent .4 bitcoins towards returning msc's investment. Transaction details here. Current earnings plus a little extra. I'll still keep sending them as they come in.

Now you have 1.6 BTC ($1600) of one "investor"'s coins.  Scam is to attract as many "investors" as you can before you stop making payments.

View it however you wish. Fact of the matter is that, unlike some people on these forums, I don't feel the need for anonymity. I use this same name everywhere, and it's linked to so much real-life information that I would have to be pretty stupid to scam anyone. All I have to lose is my reputation here and just about everywhere else.

If you're too worried I'm going to take your money and run, then don't invest. It's that simple. Don't, however, try to sully my name before I can make one for myself here.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
December 10, 2013, 10:47:25 PM
Sent .4 bitcoins towards returning msc's investment. Transaction details here. Current earnings plus a little extra. I'll still keep sending them as they come in.

Now you have 1.6 BTC ($1600) of one "investor"'s coins.  Scam is to attract as many "investors" as you can before you stop making payments.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.
December 10, 2013, 08:36:07 PM
Some of the companies shipping in March are Black Arrow, BFL, Cointerra, AMT... well, there's a bunch, but those are the only ones that seem reputable in any way. They have some devices shipping prior to then, but preorders are currently slated for late February / early March for all of them.
Ok, No delivery before next summer at best, then.  Sad
Movin' on up.
December 10, 2013, 08:32:44 PM
Some of the companies shipping in March are Black Arrow, BFL, Cointerra, AMT... well, there's a bunch, but those are the only ones that seem reputable in any way. They have some devices shipping prior to then, but preorders are currently slated for late February / early March for all of them.
December 10, 2013, 07:53:20 PM
I'm aware they won't be coming until Jan - March
That's excellent!
Care to share which company can deliver in march if I order today, please?
Movin' on up.
December 10, 2013, 07:46:50 PM

Got the second BFL miner, and it's up and running very slightly ahead of schedule. Not much of an improvement since the last difficulty increase, but it's good enough to decrease the time spent in getting payments to anyone who decides to invest.

Also, considering starting to put money into preorders if anyone has any suggestions as to what to order. I'm aware they won't be coming until Jan - March if I order now, but it's still an option if people would rather me invest in something upcoming rather than hardware that's already available.
Movin' on up.
December 05, 2013, 01:15:42 AM
Yeah, I had no intentions of paying each day. That would get rather spammy here on the forums if I decided to make each one of them public. Just wanted something to show right now since most people still won't trust me. And rightfully so, with the amount of shenanigans that goes on around here.
msc
Activity: 282
December 04, 2013, 11:01:48 PM
Sweet - thanks.  You might want to throw a 0.0001 fee in there next time.  You can subtract it from the amount you send.  I've heard of 0-fee transactions taking forever.  I also don't mind if you save up a few days at a time.

I just signed up at Cloudhashing too - we'll see who does better.  Smiley
Movin' on up.
December 04, 2013, 10:08:20 PM
Sent your earnings for the past little bit to the address you specified. (Transaction Details)

Difficulty just dropped, though. Making just shy of .04 a day. Should be getting that second miner in soon, though. Got a shipping notice from BFL today. Hopefully that'll get things up to speed until the AMT comes in.
Movin' on up.
December 03, 2013, 10:05:20 PM
Yes, electricity was taken into consideration as well. Overall cost of running all the miners currently owned: $0.

Were I actually paying for the electricity consumed, it would cost roughly $70 a month to foot the extra of the two BFL Singles (second one coming in a week), which is about 18 hours of mining. Not a big deal.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)
December 03, 2013, 09:17:31 PM
Have you included your energy bill in the math? If you're paying more for running the machines than you're earning from them, then don't run the machines and use the difference in the bill to buy bitcoins directly.
msc
December 03, 2013, 09:06:24 PM
I think you'll never see your coins again.   Undecided
We'll see.  I've been wrong before.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
December 03, 2013, 09:02:47 PM
After looking at the numbers, I'm really tempted just to buy a BFL miner.  But I don't have a spare room and I'm not really equipped to handle the noise and heat that I assume they generate.

So, I'll invest 2 BTC with you.  Given the hash power that you already have, I think it's favorable.

I think you'll never see your coins again.   Undecided
Movin' on up.
December 03, 2013, 06:31:23 PM
First investment received. 2.0 BTC. Transaction proof.

2.2 BTC to be paid in full using 80% hashing power as agreed upon. Each payment working up to this point will be posted publicly.
Movin' on up.
December 03, 2013, 05:31:11 PM
Excellent. I'll contact you with the address, then make the transaction details public. I'll also make sure that all payments to you get posted publicly as well.
msc
December 03, 2013, 04:54:10 PM
After looking at the numbers, I'm really tempted just to buy a BFL miner.  But I don't have a spare room and I'm not really equipped to handle the noise and heat that I assume they generate.

So, I'll invest 2 BTC with you.  Given the hash power that you already have, I think it's favorable.
Movin' on up.
December 03, 2013, 06:15:00 AM
Well, I am steadily making .05 per day from BTCGuild alone using my 55 GHash. Making just under 1 BTC a month. The new hardware should be due in in three weeks tops, according to what I heard, which will bring in .12 a day considering any possible increases in difficulty between now and then, which should significantly increase the rate at which I could pay the investors back. I have a single Prospero X-3 (2THash) miner coming from Black Arrow at the end of February or early March which I had just purchased not too long ago as well.

Unfortunately, I do not have a partner at the current point in time - it's basically just me here. I may just be being optimistic here, but things are looking up as far as my health is concerned, so I don't foresee anything happening to me that would stop me from being able to keep things running smoothly.

With any investments I receive now, they're either going into BFL Singles, since they're already released, or 128 GHash miners from AMT, since they're also supposedly shipping miners out as of this past month. Unless anyone has some better ideas, of course. As soon as February comes along, I'll stop ordering current-gen ASICs and only invest in available Black Arrow products.

At least that's my plan. As I mentioned in my opening post, I'm always willing to change some things if it'll get more people interested.
msc
December 03, 2013, 04:19:28 AM
I don't have any mining experience, so my math could be way off, but I figure that with 55 GH, you could make 0.016 BTC/day from BTC Guild.  That's 0.48/month, which is not bad if you multiply it by 3 with your new hardware.  Your mining income address seems to be collecting 0.05/day in steady payments.  It may take several months to generate an investment return, depending on the size of the investments, but I don't think it would take years.  Does this all sound about right?

I might invest 1 or 2 BTC for fun, but would feel better if you have a partner who can take over the operation if anything happens to you.  I know that may not be possible - I'm certainly familiar with the idea of a one man operation.
Movin' on up.
December 02, 2013, 10:11:04 PM
That's a possibility as well, depending on the terms requested by the investor. I still would have a maximum amount I'd be able to take for the sake of ensuring I'd be able to pay it back. I just don't want to bite off way more than I can chew.
December 02, 2013, 09:54:05 PM
The entire point of the investment is to try to get enough hashing power as quickly as possible in order to pay people back.
Which will take years. Unless you're open to USD investors?
Pages:
Jump to: