Pages:
Author

Topic: Open Video Conference & Bitcoin This Weekend in NYC- Mozilla Foundation - page 2. (Read 3371 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Fucking awesome guys!
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
Very cool.  Thanks for the heads-up.  Wish I could attend.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
fantastic!  this is the "real" Bitcoin; as in future of.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1023
Democracy is the original 51% attack
Awesome... any change there will be video of this?
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem
Hey All,

I wanted everyone to be aware that Bitcoin IS being discussed as a viable option for business's all over the world.

Specifically, this weekend is OVC11 in New York City which is run by the Mozilla Foundation (yeh, the guys behind Firefox )and the New York Law School
Open Video Conference is a two-day confab of people working on technology, policy, and creative dimensions of open video. This year's event takes place this weekend, September 10-12 in New York City.

They running a working group on alternative currencies (e.g. Bitcoin) and invited myself and BitInstant (www.BitInstant.com) to attend the conference working group and many others as well!
The goal of this working group is to prototype web-layer technologies to facilitate micropayments for creatives. We have an interesting group forming, including reps from outside the BitCoin/crypto community.

From their website: http://openvideoconference.org/alternative-currencies-and-transaction-models/

In recent months, there has been huge progress in infrastructure for micropayments. With Bitcoin bursting in on the scene, and Flattr gaining momentum in micro-donations, it is easier than ever before to imagine a button in your browser that donates $1 to a YouTube video, attaches money to an e-mail, or gives $0.01 to every piece of journalism you read. The goal for this session is to survey new opportunities like these, decide on the best first steps and (coming out of the session) take them.

If anyone would like to attend, let me know personally so I can bring you in as a Bitcoin aficionado.
Day: Saturday 9/10/11
Room: W320
Time: 2:30pm – 5:30pm

Pages:
Jump to: