Pages:
Author

Topic: OpenFaucet: The open source coin faucet implementation! - page 3. (Read 8785 times)

legendary
Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006
Source?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Hey all, it's time for me to unwrap this project I've been working on for the last couple weeks. Having just recently begun working with the MPOS dev team, this has been a great way for me to stretch my abilities and learn new ways of thinking about PHP.

OpenFaucet
The open source coin faucet implementation!

OpenFaucet is the culmination of a desire I've had since I first ran across a Bitcoin faucet many years ago. When I saw that people were actually giving away coins to people for nothing, it really sparked that charity button in me. I like giving things away, and do so whenever I have something to spare. It makes me feel good, and helps those I give to. Now you have the opportunity to share in that feeling as you too can give coins to friends, families, and anyone else on a fair and even distribution over a time span you set.

You may notice some similarities between this implementation and PHP-MPOS. That is because I built this site using the code from PHP-MPOS, and it shows in the amount of legacy code still sitting in the project, but more on that latter. I have taken screenshots of all parts of the website (12 in total) and a walk through of all the features is to be found in the break. Most of what is to be seen is placeholders that will be updated throughout the coming week, as the faucet itself is currently fully functional I will be taking time to work on appearances.

The page in the main screenshot above is the index.php or home page for non-logged users. This is what people will see who are not registered for the website, which should be everyone except the site admin.

Once logged in, the admin will see the home page along with the administration bar.

Here the admin can see their wallet balance and information. Unfortunately the visible coins are all testnet coins, sadly I do not have 1000+ litecoin, maybe someone out there can rectify that for me. Tongue

Transactions are all kept so that you can see how visitors your site is getting.

Templates are easily editable through the web interface, though this is a feature I'm considering removing as it's not practicable for any serious developer anyways.

An optional about page where you can enter information about your coin for visitors to see and learn.

Monitor your crons, which are up, down, and around.

News can be posted just like in MPOS.

Settings can also be changed as needed through this panel.

Additional account settings can be changed as needed.

A contact form (optional) which users can use to let you know if there is a problem.

Your main dashboard, mainly for letting you know if there are any errors and if anyone other than you has logged in.

What can you do to help?

As this project is only just entering open alpha testing, help with the following would be greatly appreciated. You can chat with me live in the #mpos-dev irc channel, just send me a PM at any time, though if I'm asleep a response is not guaranteed right away.

Critical Priority
  • Build a better repeat user detection system, currently the site relies on IP logging, but that is easily spoofabal.
  • Remove legacy code that is not needed for site functionality
High Priority
  • Prepare features for users such as warning messages that help guide along
  • Undock from PHP-MPOS such that OpenFaucet uses its own database and variables
Low Priority
  • Unify code style
  • Typo fixing, css fixes

Future plans:

Once the project is completely independent, the goal is to then refold it back into MPOS as a separate optional plugin for pool owners, such that a portion of their proceeds can be routed into funding the faucet.

If you find this project has been useful to you and your coin, I do accept donations at this address for LTC, a portion of all donations are routed back into running my own faucet.

LUdR1pN1M3eCpi2Gb1DKDzJhzmgqsGiZKk
Pages:
Jump to: