Pages:
Author

Topic: Operation Rescue Naira - page 2. (Read 281 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 151
February 03, 2024, 07:09:44 AM
Because of how our naira falls yakata to dollar over the years up till now, some of our Nigeria citizens don turn am to be business wey dem go open domiciliary accounts ordinary with the agenda of storing up dollars for profits nothing more. Although we get genuine Nigerians wey d store up dollar for personal reasons best known to them.

Because of the huge amount kept in a domiciliary account by Nigerians, ranging from about 30 billion dollars, the Tinubu government wan look into am. To know wetin the sub for that area of why Nigerians d like open a domiciliary accounts for banks. Whether na for salary payment, foreign exchange revenue, or for individual purposes. This situation must be addressed says our minister of finance, Wale Edun

Basically, Nigerians believes in making use of what is available when the desirable is unavailable so I don't blame them for turning Naira devaluation into some kind of business and moreover is it opening domiciliary accounts in other to store foreign currencies that is causing the devaluation of our currency? Inasmuch as I know that devaluation is being caused by trade imbalance in the foreign exchange market however, the government plays a major role in Naira devaluation because our imports are higher than our exports thereby giving value to other countries products more than our own hence their currencies gains more strength against ours.

Let it not look as if I'm digressing from the discussion, regardless of the fact that the current government have issued directives to banks to sell off foreign currency in their custody, is it really gonna solve the problems of devaluation? Okay even if the banks sell off the foreign currencies in their custody, how about individuals that stored their foreign currencies in exchanges and other platforms that can't be identified by the government, how would dey also persuade those individuals to sell off their foreign currencies in their respective accounts. Until the government focus more on the things that is always bringing about the devaluation of our currency over the years, then the better our currency would be valued so I don't actually see any difference in the decision of the government.
If there is any difference then anyone is free to enlighten me
Activity: 560
Merit: 161
February 03, 2024, 06:15:49 AM
The problem of the fall of dollar is not because of citizens dealing with foreign currency or cryptocurrency, this is not why naira is lossing value . The problem of the fall of dollar is due to mismanagement from our politicians,  looting of money. This has been the problem of the economy. No investment in the country but we depend on importation.  The crude oil that we have , normally it is something that is supposed to be refined here and politicians steals plenty money in the process of sending it out to be refined.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
February 03, 2024, 06:13:48 AM
Yeah, we no get problem but em get our people or friends wey no are into crypto, remember? The only thing wey dem d do na to store up their money for dollar currency only cos dem I know sae dollar go d increase d go. This news go come as shock to them and them no go d happy about am
It is good to learn about wallets, exchanges, bitcoin and stablecoins. Stablecoins can depeg. But what option left when we can not store up money in foreign currencies? People should learn and have knowledge about digital assets, or they can prefer to just hold naira. If federal government make this possible, domiciliary account has no use for me again, at least for now.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 501
February 03, 2024, 06:05:10 AM
Thanks for the reminder. I forgot to include the link sha

Crypto users got no problem. I think you can understand me as I will not fully explain myself.
Yeah, we no get problem but em get our people or friends wey no dey into crypto, remember? The only thing wey dem d do na to store up their money for dollar currency only for gains cos dem know sae dollar go increase.
This news go come as shock to them and them no go d happy about am
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
February 03, 2024, 05:50:36 AM
It is better if you include the link next time.

https://punchng.com/operation-rescue-naira-fg-considers-converting-30bn-domiciliary-deposits-to-naira/?amp

They have come up with a plan to convert money idly sitting in domiciliary account to naira by force. Even if citizens do not want that, they got no option.

Crypto users got no problem. I think you can understand me as I will not fully explain myself.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 501
February 03, 2024, 05:37:20 AM

Because of how our naira falls yakata to dollar over the years up till now, some of our Nigeria citizens don turn am to be business wey dem go open domiciliary accounts ordinary with the agenda of storing up dollars for profits nothing more. Although we get genuine Nigerians wey d store up dollar for personal reasons best known to them.

Because of the huge amount kept in a domiciliary account by Nigerians, ranging from about 30 billion dollars, the Tinubu government wan look into am. To know wetin the sub for that area of why Nigerians d like open a domiciliary accounts for banks. Whether na for salary payment, foreign exchange revenue, or for individual purposes. This situation must be addressed says our minister of finance, Wale Edun

The thing now become sae(the idea wey d FG come up with) the moment wey your dollar money drop for your domiciliary account, the bank go automatically change am to our local currency, equivalent to naira value to dollar at that time, and banks are go credit to your bank account immediately in naira.

Wetin be una take for this matter wey d FG come up with, concerning domiciliary account?

As for me na for peso to move em funds from domiciliary account to trust wallet after you don convert am to USDT.

I sae make I drop this information for here cos I believe sae em go be of help give many Nigerians.
Pages:
Jump to: