Pages:
Author

Topic: Opinion on Spelling Check - page 2. (Read 252 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 508
Go after the goal... Go!!! It is worth getting!
December 29, 2023, 10:34:24 PM
Well, I think the forum is good without having any spell (word) cheker just like Microsoft(but it will not cause a problem if there was such a feature). Even if the forum had such a feature, accounts that are bought or hacked will definitely get detected because the tone of speech for the original account owner will never be the same as the tone of the hacker or the buyer. Also, there could be some experiences that the original account owner might have shared, and if the hacker makes a comment contrary to what the original account owner has said, it will be taken note into account.

For example: I got into Bitcoin around 2019, and I have made that statement here several times, if, for example, my account got hacked and the hacker said anything that is contrary to getting into Bitcoin early before 2019 or late after 2019, then it will be quickly taken note of.

Even if the words are the same as those of the original account owner, the statement will definitely not be the same, the ideas will not be the same, and the statement will take on another tone. If also the original account owner has posted any Bitcoin wallet and perhaps the account got hacked, the hacker will have to sign a message with the private key of the original account owner, and since he doesn't have access to the wallet, he can't sign a message with the old wallet of the original account owner and therefore will be caught.

So, even if the forum has a spell check feature, hacked accounts and bought accounts will definitely get exposed.
Activity: 1098
Merit: 534
December 29, 2023, 09:55:24 PM
I know this isn't exactly microsoft word but I am curious to know if you think that the Bitcoin Talk Forum is probably more real and authentic because of the lack of a spell check? I think that in addition to being able to guage intelect and a sort of personality traits to pick up from the readers perspective recognizing proper spelling habits in any users helps you know whether or not a person is out of character due to a hack or something of that sort and now we have an account under the control of a hacker/scammer. I think its honeslty great that we don't have a spell check because I think it always has you second guessing yourself and thus training you to always double or triple check your words on a public forum.
Pages:
Jump to: