Pages:
Author

Topic: [Opinions] IF you could improve/add/remove 1 thing to bitcoin what would it be? - page 5. (Read 5702 times)

Activity: 111
Merit: 10
The current system works perfectly and well, no major changes are required...

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
If the mining could be easier then profits would be more. However this might cause inflation..

Sure!  Just unplug your miners, it will lower the difficulty for the rest of us!  Grin
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!
I agree with transaction times. I know its a lot less than other payment providers, but those are impossible to reverse maliciously, other than chargebacks, which aren't present in bitcoin. Bitcoin you can easily double spend the minute you leave the restaurant after paying, while its still unconfirmed, and get your money back and free food, and the restaurant couldn't do anything about it. Also waiting around for 10+ minutes is simply not possible for bars or restaurants, because aint nobody got time fo dat. Also because of the block size limit, more blocks would increase scalability.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Yes, i appreciate with you..time is important for all of us, so transaction times that must be solved.
If the mining could be easier then profits would be more. However this might cause inflation..

What do you mean by "easier"Huh It doesn't matter how big the profit is, a higher number of Bitcoins as a block reward would mean that the price goes down accordingly. It's a self-balancing thing!
The is correct. The overall profitability of mining will always have the same target. If profitability gets to be too high (block time is less then 10 minutes) then the difficulty will rise, and if profitability gets too low (block time is greater then 10 minutes) then difficulty will fall. The per day/hour/week profitability will always stay the same.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
FURring bitcoin up since 1762

What do you mean by "easier"Huh It doesn't matter how big the profit is, a higher number of Bitcoins as a block reward would mean that the price goes down accordingly. It's a self-balancing thing!
Activity: 84
Theymos, unban my account.
Have a built in exchange that allows for custom API configuration. If you can arbitrage trade right from your wallet, that could really help a lot of people out.
The most critical in my opinion: Address the 1 MB blocksize limit to allow Bitcoin to scale.
I agree, this is the most important thing that will need to be changed sometime in the future, along with the max number of TX per second. I think both of these should not be changed until we see more blocks getting consistently close to the max block size and more periods of the network bumping up against the max number of TX per second as it is expensive for node operators to have that much bandwidth.
legendary
Activity: 4298
Merit: 3209
Sorry, I don't get people asking for faster confirmations. I understand it's sometimes frustrating to wait, but faster confirmation times = less secure confirmations. If you changed the block target to 5 mins, then services waiting for, say, 3 confirmations would simply require 6. No difference.

There is a significant difference between 1 confirmation and 0 confirmations, regardless of the time. Reducing the confirmation time from 10 minutes is beneficial in any transaction delayed due to waiting for at least one confirmation.
Activity: 96
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049
┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴
Sorry, I don't get people asking for faster confirmations. I understand it's sometimes frustrating to wait, but faster confirmation times = less secure confirmations. If you changed the block target to 5 mins, then services waiting for, say, 3 confirmations would simply require 6. No difference.

Fair point, in hindsight 10 minutes is nothing in the financial world of transaction times! Shocked
Activity: 254
Merit: 1258
I would probably change the fees so that even smaller amounts can be sent without large fees. If bitcoin gets more expensive, you could have to pay several dollars to send one dollar of bitcoin.

The fees are there to protect the notwork from spam rather than actually being a reward for miners.

The total fees fro one day are in the average of 10-20 btc so miners are more inclined to find blocks with fewer transactions rather than missing them.
And in this mix a few guys spending 100$ daily just to bloat the blockain and you're going to see why we don't have 1 cent fees right now.

Quicker confirmation times, anonymous storage via blockchain (large files)

Good luck downloading the blockchain after two blocks if i'm gonna store there just a few of my hd movies.

You're right, i guess im wanting something like the ability to rent/lease others HD space securely for bitcoin but through the wallet application.
legendary
Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000
Activity: 82
I would try to lower confirmation times, they sometimes take hours Smiley

Although we can pay extra fee for faster confirmation, so yeah.
Activity: 254
Merit: 1258
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
I would probably change the fees so that even smaller amounts can be sent without large fees. If bitcoin gets more expensive, you could have to pay several dollars to send one dollar of bitcoin.

The fees are there to protect the notwork from spam rather than actually being a reward for miners.

The total fees fro one day are in the average of 10-20 btc so miners are more inclined to find blocks with fewer transactions rather than missing them.
And in this mix a few guys spending 100$ daily just to bloat the blockain and you're going to see why we don't have 1 cent fees right now.

Good luck downloading the blockchain after two blocks if i'm gonna store there just a few of my hd movies.

Activity: 214
Merit: 100
I would change two things:

1 Lower fees to allow micro payments
2 Faster transaction times

Fees can always be changed, but woiuld still have to be profitable for the miners. I could see this being a problem in the future. I think third party programs can allow for micropayments just fine.
legendary
┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴
More advertising

As in to spread the word about bitcoin further?
legendary
┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴
Bitcoin atms being easier to use, I don't want to slip in an id to purchase bitcoin.

Its gonna be this way until regulations relax Sad
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
Scam-Busting PSA: Beware of Black Arrow Software
AND why?
Just 1 thing, for I it would be transaction times, cause waiting for those confirmations is wayy too long sometimes  Cry

User friendly Multi-Sig transaction support in the clients.

Would help improve security in an inherently trustless system, with everything from escrow to locking down wallets.
Pages:
Jump to: