Pages:
Author

Topic: Opinions on who to add to my trust list. - page 2. (Read 568 times)

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036
August 20, 2019, 04:27:24 PM
LoyceV nailed it and had examples.

Adding to your trust list should only take into account their actions on the forum. Regardless of how you use your list; entirely for yourself or with the forum in mind thinking about others that add you or if you are DT1. It's the feedback that they leave, how accurate it is, the relevancy, and their reasons for doing so.

Off forum relationships like trusting, previous dealings, or personal relationships can be left feedback. Which one depends on the situation and your personal standards.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1775
August 20, 2019, 01:30:44 PM
There are a few people here,

Here, is a bit more difficult.

Why don't you mention the names of the people you entrust to add them to your trust.
for example:
1. A
2. B
3. C

If this is difficult to determine what you mean, there are hundreds of members who have professional and decent posts.

So, members will show you, which is worth giving trust. Maybe, members here will judge from the appropriate posts, choose one of the names that you post.

if, you ask for advice from members here.

If, you don't believe in the choice of members here, you can choose yourself, which you think is appropriate. Suggestion.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
August 20, 2019, 12:41:16 PM
What I am getting at is, picking on the 1st name in your trust list. Why do you trust dooglus? Have you seen his posts here and trust his judgement on others because of it? Have you had trades with him and see how he treats others in trading and how he responds to them? Is he generally a useful person on the forum and helps out others? OR have you known him as a tech geek for 10 years and think he is great person, even if you have no real idea how they are really behaving here? Remember, he is your friend, you are much more likely to give the person you have known and hung out with for a decade the benefit of the doubt if he is generating a bit of spam and pumping some alt coin then you would give to me an unknown person on a forum. That is just human nature.
I can answer this: From what I've seen, dooglus is what I would call "level headed". I've seen his posts (but not all of them), and trust his judgement based on his posts and the feedback I've seen from him. He's been a forum member for 8.5 years,  I've seen him be helpful to others (example) and as an early adopter he's probably a tech geek indeed (and rich enough to make scamming very unlikely). He's not my friend, I don't know him and I don't think I've ever had any personal interaction.
copper member
Activity: 2562
Merit: 2510
Spear the bees
August 20, 2019, 12:21:10 PM
If you consider someone trusted even if they were to stop being your friend, then that is what they are.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6320
Crypto Swap Exchange
August 20, 2019, 12:08:48 PM
There are a few people here, that I have had dealings with in the real world, with 0 interactions here. Not even posting on the same boards. They are mostly altcoiners. Do I add them? I know ‘IRL’ they can be trusted and have good judgement. Here, is a bit more difficult.
Have they left any feedback on others? If so, you can use those to assess their judgement on others. If you agree: add them to your Trust list.

Have you seen my Trust list viewer (direct link) yet? You can use it to see who others have on their Trust list. Theymos' Trust list could be a good starting point.

And:
Don't confuse your Trust list with Feedback though:
  • Trust list: people who's judgement on others you trust (or don't trust: ~)

I have seen it and I get what you are saying about feedback vs. trust list.

What I am getting at is, picking on the 1st name in your trust list. Why do you trust dooglus? Have you seen his posts here and trust his judgement on others because of it? Have you had trades with him and see how he treats others in trading and how he responds to them? Is he generally a useful person on the forum and helps out others? OR have you known him as a tech geek for 10 years and think he is great person, even if you have no real idea how they are really behaving here? Remember, he is your friend, you are much more likely to give the person you have known and hung out with for a decade the benefit of the doubt if he is generating a bit of spam and pumping some alt coin then you would give to me an unknown person on a forum. That is just human nature.

I have somewhat not kept up on what they are doing here because they just have different interests in crypto then I do. We really don't discuss it when hanging out.

Since I only had my trust set to the default it didn't matter now it does since someone may take a look and / or be influenced by who I put there and I am trying to get a feel for it.

Which also, just tripped a thought across my brain. How many people here know and interact with others on a regular basis? Might be interesting to find out.

-Dave
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
August 20, 2019, 11:55:10 AM
Have you seen my Trust list viewer (direct link) yet? You can use it to see who others have on their Trust list. Theymos' Trust list could be a good starting point.

There are a few people here, that I have had dealings with in the real world, with 0 interactions here. Not even posting on the same boards. They are mostly altcoiners. Do I add them? I know ‘IRL’ they can be trusted and have good judgement. Here, is a bit more difficult.
Have they left any feedback on others? If so, you can use those to assess their judgement on others. If you think they have good judgement: add them to your Trust list.

And:
Don't confuse your Trust list with Feedback though:
  • Trust list: people who's judgement on others you trust (or don't trust: ~)
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6320
Crypto Swap Exchange
August 20, 2019, 11:32:31 AM
So, more of Dave’s ramblings but with an interesting twist. As I mentioned in another thread, it’s only recently that I have changed my trust list off of default trust. Most of the people I have added I have had some interaction of some sort on the forum with. Others I have seen their posts and their actions and added them.

In the end it probably does not matter. But yet again, it’s something we probably have to think about and might warrant some discussion.

-Dave
Pages:
Jump to: