Pages:
Author

Topic: Optiminer/Zcash v1.7 (GPU, Windows+Linux, AMD) - page 6. (Read 115904 times)

Activity: 299
Merit: 100
Crypto mining company | Mining pools
Optiminer v1.7.0 released!

[1.7.0] New --pci-modes (0-3). Try if you see GPU freezes.
[1.7.0] Reduced CPU utilization.
[1.7.0] Small performance improvement ~1%.

Enjoy!  Grin

I guess I will be one o fhe first who tried v. 1.7.0

Looking forward for great speeds. 

Activity: 187
Optiminer v1.7.0 released!

[1.7.0] New --pci-modes (0-3). Try if you see GPU freezes.
[1.7.0] Reduced CPU utilization.
[1.7.0] Small performance improvement ~1%.

Enjoy!  Grin
Activity: 504
Merit: 272
Opti when will the new release?

Code is done, doing final testing for 1.7. Then, I just need to build it for all platforms. 1-2 days.

Take your time Opti

It's better to release new version later and be stable than sooner and be sorry
Activity: 519
Merit: 250

Code is done, doing final testing for 1.7. Then, I just need to build it for all platforms. 1-2 days.

Today is the big day! Cheesy
Activity: 504
Merit: 272
any one can compare it with claymore?
i want to try this version, but now my claymore can get high mhs at last version.

Yes for Linux:
Optiminer 1.6.2
Hashing= 1840
Power draw= 970W
Report from pool= about 560 shares

Claymore 12.1
Hashing = 1870
Power draw= 960w
Report from pool = about 500 shares

Result= Optiminer is better
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
The new release will be an increase in the rate?

Im waiting you.
Hope you improve and increase sol with tahati 7950 and 280x.
Currently, i get 235sol with 7950 core mem 820/1250. 280x get 260sol core mem 850/1500
Activity: 586
Merit: 500
BitcoreService.com
any one can compare it with claymore?
i want to try this version, but now my claymore can get high mhs at last version.
Activity: 47
The new release will be an increase in the rate?
Activity: 187

Activity: 47
Activity: 10
Further speed improvements are very difficult, indeed. I have been experimenting with a different algorithm, but that is (currently) still slower than the current one. Though there is still more room for optimization there.

I plan to release an update on the current algorithm that should bring a small improvement, probably by the end of the week.

Hi Optiminer, some  update of the current algorithm on the road?
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848

The optiminer -l option will put the logfile wherever you tell it to. If you start ./miner.sh, and you *just* give a file name with -l, then yes, the log file will be in the directory you started ./mine.sh in. If, however, you use the -l option as: -l /home/joe/logs/optiminer.log, then that's where it will go.

$LOGNAME is a standard environment variable, like $PATH and $HOME, and is set to your username when you log in. It always exists; you don't have to set it yourself.

Thanks, I think that i am getting there.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
280X gives best hashrate on Claymore miner. About 10% best than Optiminer. But on 270X Optiminer is quicker than Clamore 1-5%.

How reach Claymore's miner speed on 280X with Optiminer?

P.S. Windows 10 Pro, Crimson 15.12.
Activity: 150
yes, but i have no idea where logfiles go.
plus, what is and/or my_log_file?
I did not assign any.
Thanks.

You can put the log file anywhere you have permissions to do so. So, if your home directory is /home/joe, you can put the log file anywhere in /home/joe. You can create a log directory for all your log files with: "mkdir logs" (remove quotes), so the path to your log directory would be: /home/joe/logs. As far as the name of the log file itself, it can be anything that makes sense to you, like: optiminer.log, so the full log file path would be: /home/joe/logs/optiminer.log. People use things like or /my_log_file, because they have no idea how your system is set up, they're just placeholders/tokens that you replace with the real directory+filename, e.g. /home/joe/logs/optiminer.log, that you are going to use. HTH

not to split hair, but @Big Wolf says to implement the following in the mine.sh file :

./optiminer-zcash -s $POOL -u $USER -p $PASSWORD -l --watchdog-timeout 30 --watchdog-cmd "./watchdog-cmd.sh"

@zzzzzzzzzz says:
You can create a log directory for all your log files with: "mkdir logs" (remove quotes), so the path to your log directory would be: /home/joe/logs. As far as the name of the log file itself, it can be anything that makes sense to you, like: optiminer.log, so the full log file path would be: /home/joe/logs/optiminer.log

To me, these are diametrically opposing codes.
if I make a /home/joe/logs/optiminer.log file, then @BigWolf script makes no sense, because the of his example is in the optiminer-zcash folder, is it not, while the logfile in your example is in logs folder, unless you can include a different path in his .

Linux pros always post in a way that the meaning is difficult to fully grasp.
I give you one another example in driver install: they say that you have to do
sudo usermod -a -G video $LOGNAME
Now, what do they mean by $LOGNAME? say if my log name is peter, is the command $peter or just peter?
same in your guys examples: when you say /my_log_file, do you mean thewholepath/nameoffile or something else (just /nameoffile)?

The optiminer -l option will put the logfile wherever you tell it to. If you start ./miner.sh, and you *just* give a file name with -l, then yes, the log file will be in the directory you started ./mine.sh in. If, however, you use the -l option as: -l /home/joe/logs/optiminer.log, then that's where it will go.

$LOGNAME is a standard environment variable, like $PATH and $HOME, and is set to your username when you log in. It always exists; you don't have to set it yourself.
legendary
I did not assign any.
Thanks.

You can put the log file anywhere you have permissions to do so. So, if your home directory is /home/joe, you can put the log file anywhere in /home/joe. You can create a log directory for all your log files with: "mkdir logs" (remove quotes), so the path to your log directory would be: /home/joe/logs. As far as the name of the log file itself, it can be anything that makes sense to you, like: optiminer.log, so the full log file path would be: /home/joe/logs/optiminer.log. People use things like or /my_log_file, because they have no idea how your system is set up, they're just placeholders/tokens that you replace with the real directory+filename, e.g. /home/joe/logs/optiminer.log, that you are going to use. HTH

not to split hair, but @Big Wolf says to implement the following in the mine.sh file :

./optiminer-zcash -s $POOL -u $USER -p $PASSWORD -l --watchdog-timeout 30 --watchdog-cmd "./watchdog-cmd.sh"

@zzzzzzzzzz says:
You can create a log directory for all your log files with: "mkdir logs" (remove quotes), so the path to your log directory would be: /home/joe/logs. As far as the name of the log file itself, it can be anything that makes sense to you, like: optiminer.log, so the full log file path would be: /home/joe/logs/optiminer.log

To me, these are diametrically opposing codes.
if I make a /home/joe/logs/optiminer.log file, then @BigWolf script makes no sense, because the of his example is in the optiminer-zcash folder, is it not, while the logfile in your example is in logs folder, unless you can include a different path in his .

Linux pros always post in a way that the meaning is difficult to fully grasp.
I give you one another example in driver install: they say that you have to do
sudo usermod -a -G video $LOGNAME
Now, what do they mean by $LOGNAME? say if my log name is peter, is the command $peter or just peter?
same in your guys examples: when you say /my_log_file, do you mean thewholepath/nameoffile or something else (just /nameoffile)?
I did not assign any.
Thanks.

legendary
I did not assign any.
Thanks.
@BigWolf and @z(10)

thank you so much, I think I finally got the full picture..
I used
chmod x+u 'filename' before...755 is advanced Grin

Final touch...I just start the whole caboodle (after modding the miner.sh) with just

./miner.sh

?

Much thanks again...so much to learn.

Yep, that's it, unless you want to run it in the background and redirect the logging output to a file, which is what I do, although I do it automatically from the .xsession X11 file (I'm on UB 14.04 w/fglrx drivers): cd OPTI_DIR; nohup ./mine.sh >> /where_your_logs_go 2>&1 &

Got that? Long sentence Smiley

That's a good one too.   Been thinking about making my rig headless.  Might have to use that myself.

As for logging, zzzzzzzzzz's is a good way to log it.  Another option for you if you want to have it scrolling in a terminal window and also log it at the same time is to use the -l (lowercase L) option.   In the mine.sh file, change the optiminer-zcash line to include the logging option.

It appears that it rotates the logs periodically and keep the last 10 so that none of the files are too large.  What is really nice about this option is you can see live on the screen what is going on but you can still SSH into your box from another computer and then do a

tail -f /

and it will continuously scroll what is being added to the log live.

Either way you do it, the advantage to logging is that if your rig is having to reboot you can go back in the logs to see why.   A few days ago I had issues with mine rebooting about every 8-12 hours.  A check in the log consistently showed GPU 0 hanging and so I re-worked the power to the riser (it all started after I re-arranged all the cables to improve airflow) and now it's running 48+ hours.

In the foreground (starting miner from command prompt), you can also do both terminal output and logging like this:

./miner.sh 2>&1 | tee -a /my_log_file

The "2>&1" sends stderr to stdout, so redirected output contains error messages as well as info messages. The "-a" on the tee command says "append".
Activity: 50
@BigWolf and @z(10)

I used

Final touch...I just start the whole caboodle (after modding the miner.sh) with just

./miner.sh

?

Yep, that's it, unless you want to run it in the background and redirect the logging output to a file, which is what I do, although I do it automatically from the .xsession X11 file (I'm on UB 14.04 w/fglrx drivers): cd OPTI_DIR; nohup ./mine.sh >> /where_your_logs_go 2>&1 &

That's a good one too.   Been thinking about making my rig headless.  Might have to use that myself.

As for logging, zzzzzzzzzz's is a good way to log it.  Another option for you if you want to have it scrolling in a terminal window and also log it at the same time is to use the -l (lowercase L) option.   In the mine.sh file, change the optiminer-zcash line to include the logging option.

It appears that it rotates the logs periodically and keep the last 10 so that none of the files are too large.  What is really nice about this option is you can see live on the screen what is going on but you can still SSH into your box from another computer and then do a

tail -f /

and it will continuously scroll what is being added to the log live.

Either way you do it, the advantage to logging is that if your rig is having to reboot you can go back in the logs to see why.   A few days ago I had issues with mine rebooting about every 8-12 hours.  A check in the log consistently showed GPU 0 hanging and so I re-worked the power to the riser (it all started after I re-arranged all the cables to improve airflow) and now it's running 48+ hours.
@BigWolf and @z(10)

I used

./miner.sh

?

Pages:
Jump to: