Pages:
Author

Topic: Other Forum members are more civil than Legendary members, Why? - page 5. (Read 1015 times)

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
I noticed such things, but I don't think it happens often. And I don't agree that it happens because they have superior knowledge. You know, in general newbies tend to ask same kind of questions. Older members see such questions all their long time here. Some maybe are just pissed off and tired answering same questions. How someone may not know it and why they're not using search when such question was answered so many times. I agree that sometimes people should be less harsh for newbies.
But I suggest you, don't react so sensitive to things what people are saying on internet.
Activity: 560
Merit: 287
I haven't noticed that from a user yet, but it all depends on how you react or feel about a specific response given to you by the user, regardless of their rank in the forums. It is good to be nice to people when responding to them, but because this is not moderated in the forum, you either learn from it or leave them alone. It could be their way of life, their own way of expressing themselves, or their reactions to a question or discussion. I don't see this as a problem because you agreed to join a public forum and learn here. Accept the correction and learn from the critics.
legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1004
This is a public forum so you don't expect people to behave the way you want. Members are free to express themselves the way they want and if you are not comfortable with that you can just ignore them. However, I think your observation is untrue because there are legendary members who express themselves meekly and understandably. You might have issues with the response of some legendary members but it will be wrong to generalise your experience. You don't expect members to be clapping for you when you are doing something wrong. You might be criticised and corrected so that you can learn from your mistakes. If you think this set of experienced members is proud, you might not learn from them because you will always feel intimidation or oppressed.
Activity: 70
Merit: 6
I have keenly noticed that, some members of the forum like the legendary members do not have good choice of words in expressing their thought , outside abusive choices of words or words that sounds like bullying.

The most abusive forum members as I have noticed are the legendary members. I noticed it in their replies to posts or contributions to posts.

Do we agree that it is a feeling of pride that they have superior knowledge on issues than others because of their ranking?

They are most times emotional and personal in their contributions to issues of public concern.

Who else is noticing this attitude as a newbie or member?
Pages:
Jump to: