Pages:
Author

Topic: Over 26,000 Blockchain Projects Were Developed Last Year; 8% Remain Active - page 2. (Read 499 times)

Activity: 258
Merit: 100
The revolutionary Export system/One-click Export
Wow this only confirms the notion I had the ICOs are mainly money grabbers and now it seems to be true. Gonna avoid ICOs at all costs for the coming months unless they rapidly change the way of doing business.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Code repository GitHub saw over 26,000 blockchain-related projects created on its platform last year; yet only a small percentage remain active. According to data collected by Deloitte, it detailed in its new report ‘Evolution of Blockchain Technology: Insights from the GitHub Platform,’ that there were 26,885 blockchain-related projects in 2016 developed on GitHub. Surprisingly, despite the interest that the technology is garnering, only eight percent of projects are actively maintained. Deloitte found that projects have an average lifespan of 1.22 years.

Wow, I did not expect that so many projects are not active anymore after such a short time. Many of them have certainly also collected money from ICOs. That would be a huge money-shredding machine.

This is worrying situation for cryptocurrency market and the biggest reason to blame is greed of people.
Seriously how can people wager their money to anyone just for the sake of profits in future. At least, people should only invest in projects having KYC process.
It only take $100-500 to ready Whitepaper, website, hire bounty manager and that's it. You can start your show and raise millions.
There are very few ICOs that actually fulfil what they promise. It is always advisable for people to only invest in projects which they actually think is feasible. Only that can curb this manipulation of market.
Nothing is going to curb the greed of the people, that is why governments are trying to regulate the market, while I do not like the idea of governments intervention the idea of having self regulating markets has always failed people are always going to try to do everything to get more money and since anyone can create an ico by investing a few thousands of dollars and then receive millions then the incentive is always going to be there for those that want to earn money in a dishonest way.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728
Code repository GitHub saw over 26,000 blockchain-related projects created on its platform last year; yet only a small percentage remain active. According to data collected by Deloitte, it detailed in its new report ‘Evolution of Blockchain Technology: Insights from the GitHub Platform,’ that there were 26,885 blockchain-related projects in 2016 developed on GitHub. Surprisingly, despite the interest that the technology is garnering, only eight percent of projects are actively maintained. Deloitte found that projects have an average lifespan of 1.22 years.

Wow, I did not expect that so many projects are not active anymore after such a short time. Many of them have certainly also collected money from ICOs. That would be a huge money-shredding machine.

This is worrying situation for cryptocurrency market and the biggest reason to blame is greed of people.
Seriously how can people wager their money to anyone just for the sake of profits in future. At least, people should only invest in projects having KYC process.
It only take $100-500 to ready Whitepaper, website, hire bounty manager and that's it. You can start your show and raise millions.
There are very few ICOs that actually fulfil what they promise. It is always advisable for people to only invest in projects which they actually think is feasible. Only that can curb this manipulation of market.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
That is the reality when it comes to businesses and investments as not everyone is destine to last long or forever because nothing is permanent in this world and even in the digital world, that is why not all people in this world will become rich in their lifetime despite of hardship and dedication because no matter what you do in life it is god's will to give the blessings that you will deserve.

Most of the ICOs that has been created and will be create has a very low chance of surviving for 5 years said by Andreas M. Antonopoulos and that is so sad to hear though thinking that there is a huge amount of people that invested their hard earned money in most of the ICOs in expecting of some good returns with their moneys.
Activity: 406
The majority of the blockchain projects developed during last year was made by programmers sitting at their home with the hope of earning some free money by luring investors. I am sorry if I am rude, but that's true. Majority of the projects were developed with a short term goal of earning money without any profound future goals. Blockchain is not yet adopted by any notable corporation yet to see a major change in this percentage. That is the reason why I support strong regulation on ICO. A major percentage of ICOs are money making machine. We have seen a lot of ICO raising funds for some project didn't even see the light of birth. They just vanished with the fund.

We need stronger regulations and professional mindset for a blockchain project to survive and thrive. There are very few ICOs which is professional and has a long term goal with a proper business planning. Actually blockchain is still at a very nascent stage and people are still learning its proper implementation. The scenario will change for sure, but slowly. 
Activity: 322

Pages:
Jump to: