Pages:
Author

Topic: Overseing health and environmental impact of high energy required in Bitcoin - page 2. (Read 247 times)

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
My major idealogy of bringing this topic is to hear our respective opinions on how Bitcoin mining and other crypto related activities could not impose a future detriment on livelihood or contribute to it.

If you draw your knowledge from anti-Bitcoin media, then you can't come to different conclusions from the ones you presented. If I tell you that Bitcoin is not a problem in terms of mining, will you believe it to be true or will you still doubt it? You don't have to believe me, believe the official data which say that Bitcoin mining uses as much as 0.14% of the total world production, so this is about 220 TWh, while the loss of energy worldwide is as much as 50 000 TWh.

If research is to be believed, more than 50% of the energy used for BTC mining comes from renewable sources, so the problem you are talking about does not exist - it neither affects your health, nor will you remain in the dark because of Bitcoin. An interesting fact is that in about 8-10 years, 99% of all BTC will be mined, so I believe that the number of miners will be significantly reduced. I hope that everyone who is worried about this problem will understand by then what kind of nonsense they have made public.

copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
I did think, as long as renewable energy can become cheaper and as long as there's space to install it, it'll likely take over as the main producer of mining electricity.

The only way to reduce fossil fuel output is to put up tax on the fossil fuels or drop the cost on renewable energy producers (until either of those happens, nothing will change much).
Activity: 952
Merit: 555
Due to high consumption of power (electricity) demand in bitcoin operations and the respective effect of carbon emmisions through the process, progressive research have been made by various categories concerned in medical, environmental, science and technology fields in finding a solution to ameliorate the hazardous impacts of high power demand causing an unending continuous emmision of CO gas which is believe to be human and environmentally hazardous.

Medically, it is believed that carbon monoxide (CO) has a detrimental effect on human health such as: Asthma, severe cough, respiratory disorder, cells inflammation, damage to organs, irritation, difficult breathing and blood disorders. While it's Environmental effect could constitute the depletion of ezone layer, global warming, bad weather or climate change, indescriminate killing of primitive lifes among others. 

Although there have been work on how to engage with the use of a renewable energy but could be a milestone because of power demand and supply. Not until I come across the major reason for the high demand of energy as stated below:
But it’s Bitcoin’s decentralized structure that drives its huge carbon emissions footprint. That’s because to verify transactions, Bitcoin requires computers to solve ever more complex math problems. This is the basic concept that the cryptocurrency world refers to as a “proof-of-work” system, and it’s drastically more energy intensive than verifying transactions on centralized networks.

My major idealogy of bringing this topic is to hear our respective opinions on how Bitcoin mining and other crypto related activities could not impose a future detriment on livelihood or contribute to it.
Pages:
Jump to: