Pages:
Author

Topic: OverStock Reported $1.6 Millions in Bitcoin Sales - WOW - page 2. (Read 1753 times)

Activity: 43
Merit: 30
They should offer a discount for using bitcoin. Their prices are really not that competitive.
Activity: 434
Merit: 511
I really like what overstock is doing for bitcoins, and this definitely more good news.I hope they continue supporting btc purchases for a long time.

I agree that this is pretty nice. What we need now is discounts. Give people a reason to buy Bitcoin to use there, rather than just the novelty of it. This would increase sales more and get more people using them.

Yeh this is great for Bitcoin, but we need indeed something that will attract people to buy bitcoins, and spend them.
Because without anything special people without bitcoins will just spend there paper money for the items they need.
But when bitcoin has a special discount or something like you can spend another 20$ if you buy with bitcoins.
Just anything to attract non bitcoiners.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I don't think $1.6 millions in bitcoin sales is "quite low", Overstock just started to accept btc and therefore the gain can only grow in the future.

They have been accepting it for quite a while.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
I don't think $1.6 millions in bitcoin sales is "quite low", Overstock just started to accept btc and therefore the gain can only grow in the future.
Activity: 179
Number is quite low for the size of the company.
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
Pace has slowed down though at Overstock
What's interesting is that they are retaining 10% of btc and only turning 90% to fiat
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
I really like what overstock is doing for bitcoins, and this definitely more good news.I hope they continue supporting btc purchases for a long time.

I agree that this is pretty nice. What we need now is discounts. Give people a reason to buy Bitcoin to use there, rather than just the novelty of it. This would increase sales more and get more people using them.

Discounts could dramatically increase sells so i hope your reading this, overstock. Or buy one get one free(if you buy with bitcoins) or buy one and get the second one at half price.

They'd have issues if they were too steep. We estimate that companies save what, like 4% on transactions (maybe 3%, for high-volume)? Give us 2% of that. Now the company saves money and we do as well. For bigger purchases, this is MASSIVE. For smaller ones, it adds up over time.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Decentralized thinking

Discounts could dramatically increase sells so i hope your reading this, overstock. Or buy one get one free(if you buy with bitcoins) or buy one and get the second one at half price.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Decentralized thinking
Activity: 191
This is good news for bitcoin folks. Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne says the company made $1.6 millions in sales since March of this year. The first two months after they started to accept bitcoin they made $1 million....and $.6 since then.

READ HERE: http://www.bitcoinvalues.net/overstock-bitcoin-sales-1-6-million-worth-bitcoin-sales.html
Pages:
Jump to: