Pages:
Author

Topic: Overstock.com CEO interested in NXT asset exchange! - page 7. (Read 6726 times)

Activity: 404
Merit: 253
I saw this over on reddit: (I can't even wrap my head around jumping behind the NXT asset exchange, talk about exposure!)

[–]WishingUponWhiskey 2 points 9 hours ago
You have previously mentioned in a interview with Forbes that you are very intersted in a "Bitcoin version of the stock market" and having the ability to conduct more than just simple transactions via a blockchain.
NXT - the first second generation cryptocurrency is doing this with it's new features being launched in the upcoming weeks and months. Have you looked into it and / or considered accepting it for overstock?
permalinksavereportgive goldreply
PatrickByrneOverstoc 11 points 8 hours ago
I am a bit confused about what you are asking. My fight with Wall Street came about because I became convinced in 2004 that the market's mechanisms for clearing and settling trades had been corrupted by bad elements. It all started there. Hence, the peer-to-peer aspect of Bitcoin et. al. deeply attracats me.
I do not know NXT, but I am interested in finding (and even potentially investing in) efforts to create a peer-to-peer capital market. In fact, if a good solution emerges, you might even see Overstock be the first issuer of a stock or bond in such a market, just to help things get going! (Incidentally, we were the first to do a Dutch auction IPO, for precisely that reason.)
permalinksaveparentreportgive goldreply
WishingUponWhiskey 3 points 8 hours ago
The solution that you are requesting is exactly what the NXT decentralized Asset Exchange is all about (it launches in 10 days).
Here is a link to a comprehensive article explaining the NXT Asset Exchange
If you are interested in learning more you can learn more at http://mynxt.org or contact me at [email protected]
permalinksaveparentreportgive goldreply
PatrickByrneOverstoc 9 points 8 hours ago
Contact me about this.
[email protected]
(RHIP)

That Patrick Byrne seems like a pretty smart guy!
Pages:
Jump to: