Pages:
Author

Topic: Overstock.com now accepting bitcoins as payment! - page 2. (Read 6386 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007
Hide your women
just tried to buy some cowboy boots and underwear. I got an error message saying the order wasn't booked. I tried again. got the same error message. my account at coinbase was debited both times. this kinda sucks. rocky beginning.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
So who here has ordered stuff?
What have you ordered?!  Pics?!   Grin
Activity: 220
Merit: 100
Why do you guys take the time to block out the send to address?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Just bought the wife some slutty lingerie. It was nice being able to pay with coinbase and save the miners fee. How are the miners going to feel about that?

Coinbase actually pays it for you... so... miners feel okay I imagine.
Activity: 220
Merit: 100
Just bought the wife some slutty lingerie. It was nice being able to pay with coinbase and save the miners fee. How are the miners going to feel about that?
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Overstock does not accept Visa/MC directly either.  They use a payment processor and get USD deposited in their bank account. 

Using your logic Overstock does not accept credit cards. 
Enough has been said.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
Been putting off buying a ton of stuff waiting for this (office chair held together with gorilla tape, no bathroom storage, microwave and toaster oven sit on kitchen counter, haven't bothered putting chandeliers in house since buying it, 3-year-old still in crib, low on bath towels, never bothered buying a wedding band, never have enough forks, bed sheet's been ripped for about a year...). Spent a coin! Hard to believe a coin wouldn't even get you a pack of gum just a few short years ago.

ETA: I'll also admit I skimmed thread and thought "bitcoin" was a real code. There is a real 10% off "cookie" for new users, however. It's in site banner and you can google for it.

ETA2: $@#)* forgot a mattress for the bed set.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010
In Satoshi I Trust
cool, every day a surprise in cryptoworld  Cheesy !
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003
Overstock is NOT accepting bitcoin. They accept USD converted from bitcoin by a 3rd party who is willing to take on the "risk".
That doesn't inspire much confidence... but at least it sounds good and that's good enough for most people  Undecided

That sounds like a good FUD quote but in reality it makes no sense. 

Overstock does not accept Visa/MC directly either.  They use a payment processor and get USD deposited in their bank account. 

Using your logic Overstock does not accept credit cards. 
Activity: 315
Merit: 250
Sweet!  I just bought the Walking Dead for my PS Vita from Overstock!  I was gonna buy this anyway!

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
what great news!  i'll def be ordering some stuff from them now.
<3 overstock
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Overstock is NOT accepting bitcoin. They accept USD converted from bitcoin by a 3rd party who is willing to take on the "risk".
That doesn't inspire much confidence... but at least it sounds good and that's good enough for most people  Undecided
Stop being so negative, ignorant people ugh.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007
Great news with Overstock accepting bitcoin payments!

To support this innovative move, we just purchased a 42" LG LED/LCD TV for my mom:

http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/LG-42LN5400-42-1080p-LED-LCD-TV-16-9-HDTV-1080p-120-Hz/7752868/product.html?CID=208011

It was also my first time using the Coinbase payment processor--seemed to work just fine. 

Congrats to Overstock!
Activity: 545
Merit: 500
Great news!

Unfortunately US only. I contacted live support chat and the guy told me that all the warehouses are inside US. They ship to EU, but in this case we have to pay extra duty and customs tax, etc... and that is a no-no : /

Is that a surprise? You thought they would be the only retailers in the world to escape those fees?
Activity: 980
Merit: 502
Great news!

Unfortunately US only. I contacted live support chat and the guy told me that all the warehouses are inside US. They ship to EU, but in this case we have to pay extra duty and customs tax, etc... and that is a no-no : /

I bet you sooner or later they will have it so you can use bitcoin worldwide on there site!
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011
Link to the FAQ : https://help.overstock.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5794/c/4

click Submit Order Now and complete your transaction using your Coinbase account or Bitcoin address.
donator
Activity: 674
Merit: 522
Great news!

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

well yes and no. No matter what they are still letting you BUY items with bitcoin and overstock is a very large retailer so in that sense it is great for bitcoin!

From a business point of view it makes no sense to accept direct bitcoin payment while the price is trying to find its stable ground (not sure how it ever will be stable though..). The good news is that they have increased what you can use bitcoin for.
Activity: 980
Merit: 502

well yes and no. No matter what they are still letting you BUY items with bitcoin and overstock is a very large retailer so in that sense it is great for bitcoin!
Activity: 392
Merit: 116
Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet
Pages:
Jump to: