Pages:
Author

Topic: Overview of all airline & flight ticket sites that accept bitcoin - page 2. (Read 1143 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I often use Cheapair, they have great sales
Activity: 2884
Merit: 659
I had seen this thread before and it do helps me when it comes on booking a flight online. I was aware or do notice the announcement of coins.ph that they are already into online booking with flights. I saw the guide wayback before and tried it myself and book without any hassle on falling inline just to book a ticket. Its done thru online with just simple steps. How good for local wallets or mechants do offer this specially for people who do actively make travel to other places.  Btw i merited this post.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1295
DiceSites.com owner
Just noticed Bitrefill.com also has gift cards for Flightgiftcard, Hotelgift and Hotels.com (and Uber in US.) Interesting is that you can also pay through the Lightning Network (both BTC and LTC.)
legendary
DiceSites.com owner
So I just noticed Expedia doesn't accept bitcoin anymore due to Coinbase stopping custodial merchant tools.

Cheapair also used Coinbase, but switched to BTCPay server so (AFAIK) they are the first in this list to use a self-hosted non-custodial open-source solution.. pretty awesome Smiley
legendary
DiceSites.com owner
NLNico, are you adding flights only or other travel related info as well? Hotels etc
Yes, only flights. Basically for hotels there is Expedia.com that accepts bitcoin (make sure to go to the .com - not local.) I don't feel like making an overview of all the other hotel sites, because Expedia is huge and IMO just the site to use for hotels :x
So I just noticed Expedia doesn't accept bitcoin anymore due to Coinbase stopping custodial merchant tools.

So for now, there is destinia.com, cheapair.com, abitsky.com, etc for hotels too.. or one of the gift card sites for a Hotels.com coupon (if you prefer to do it that way.) But maybe I will make a more complete overview for hotels in the future as well Smiley
legendary
DiceSites.com owner
Somewhat related...

30 retail stores at Brisbane Airport now accept bitcoin: Use Bitcoin to buy your duty-free at this airport
copper member
Activity: 434
Merit: 278
Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee
I have good experiences with Destinia and Abitsky. In general, I definitely don't guarantee that any of them are trustworthy though Tongue Up to everyone to do their own research etc.

BTW, someone from the "Payments Race" mentioned "future.travel" (booked ticket with them): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0qrn82PhOM so there is that.

I haven't see this for a while an overview of all airline accepting bitcoin as payments, but yeah we need to do our own research for precaution.

I guess there could be some information about asia airlines will accept bitcoin in the future as payment for the ticket or it is all possibilities I'm thinking of traveling in Japan.
legendary
DiceSites.com owner
I have good experiences with Destinia and Abitsky. In general, I definitely don't guarantee that any of them are trustworthy though Tongue Up to everyone to do their own research etc.

BTW, someone from the "Payments Race" mentioned "future.travel" (booked ticket with them): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0qrn82PhOM so there is that.
Activity: 162
Merit: 10
Wow, that's pretty cool, thanks for the overview!! Are they trustworthy though? Anyone has personal experience in buying flight tickets with Bitcoin or any other crypto?
legendary
DiceSites.com owner
Has anyone tried future.travel yet? I'm willing to book a couple of flight but would like to see if there are any reviews.
Yeah, I find it a tricky one.

On one hand, they really do look like a small regular travel agency in Vietnam (for example if you look on their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/FutureTravel-1504447956442155/) - so that's positive!

On the other hand, a small travel agency could scam or just be a complete fake company (TBH their FB reviews look legit - but again... could "in theory" be faked.)

So yeah..... who will be the first bitcointalk member to try them out lol Cheesy
Activity: 243
Merit: 100
Has anyone tried future.travel yet? I'm willing to book a couple of flight but would like to see if there are any reviews.

Edit: Found this Facebook page and reviews are good. In one of the reviews someone mentioned successful flight booking with Bitcoin too.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/FutureTravel-1504447956442155/reviews/
Activity: 280
Merit: 28
I would assume that someone from here that knows this, is there any site which allows you to buy gift cards to one of the big airlines' companies (American Airlines, Delta, Southwest, etc) with crypto? I'd rather not have to deal with one of these random sites when I'm ordering my tickets so I'm just able to pay directly to ensure that everything is 100 percent OK.
Uh.. there are several gift card options with exactly these 3 airlines in the overview ? :p

NLNico, are you adding flights only or other travel related info as well? Hotels etc
Yes, only flights. Basically for hotels there is Expedia.com that accepts bitcoin (make sure to go to the .com - not local.) I don't feel like making an overview of all the other hotel sites, because Expedia is huge and IMO just the site to use for hotels :x

Well, I was just going to mention that for few months now you can book a hotel for TZC, which isn't even in top 100 alts. Cool, eh?
legendary
DiceSites.com owner
I would assume that someone from here that knows this, is there any site which allows you to buy gift cards to one of the big airlines' companies (American Airlines, Delta, Southwest, etc) with crypto? I'd rather not have to deal with one of these random sites when I'm ordering my tickets so I'm just able to pay directly to ensure that everything is 100 percent OK.
Uh.. there are several gift card options with exactly these 3 airlines in the overview ? :p

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie

I would think a good amount of people share this sentiment with me, right? I think you all would rather deal with the big companies in crypto if you could with your crypto.
legendary
DiceSites.com owner
Indeed a bit confusing site (can't seem to find many flights either), but I added them for completeness Smiley Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
There's another travel agency "Agencia de viajes virtual" (apparently, they accept BTCicoin and few other crypto-currencies):

You guys are totally right, let me explain more, i own a virtual travel agency with my wife for a little more than two years now, we accept the traditional payment methods and a few months we started accepting cryptos.
We are associated with a multinational company based un the US (miami), it's a legit bussines, you can check it on the web site.

The site to buy is https://www.agenciadeviajesvirtual.com/Home/Index/49153?pais=USA

In case you want to pay your flight tickets with cryptos choose the Ewallet option
Remember Bitcoin, Litecoin and dogecoin

Take note: I wasn't able to find any reviews + they don't have a user-friendly website.
legendary
DiceSites.com owner
Added FlightGiftCard. Accepting bitcoin since 2 days ago: https://www.openbusinesscouncil.org/2018/04/the-crypto-sector-expands-hotelgift-and-flightgiftcard-accepts-bitcoin-as-payment/

Also added ionlyflyfirstclass.com - accepting bitcoin for some years, but somehow I missed it in original thread.

Added cryptojaunt.com. An Australian travel agency since 2 weeks: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/89k3q5/go_anywhere_on_bitcoin_new_crypto_only_travel/
legendary
DiceSites.com owner
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/8c8hc7/destinia_claim_they_accept_bitcoin_for_flights/

According to that Destinia Bitcoin options are a lottery. You won't find out whether a flight is payable in BTC until you actually try to.
Sounds pretty strange. Personally, I do actually have good experiences with Destinia but obviously sucks to find out if a flight doesn't work with bitcoin in last step.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/8c8hc7/destinia_claim_they_accept_bitcoin_for_flights/

According to that Destinia Bitcoin options are a lottery. You won't find out whether a flight is payable in BTC until you actually try to.
Pages:
Jump to: