Pages:
Author

Topic: Own a piece of Manhattan - page 2. (Read 402 times)

Activity: 300
Merit: 253
Ok Check!
February 26, 2018, 02:33:58 PM
Hello all,

I was wondering if there would be interest from the community to crowd funding an apartment that can potentially generate rental income?

I live in a neighborhood in New York that hosts several professionals in the age group of 25-40. There are high rise buildings here with plenty of apartments. The apartments barely stay vacant and I myself have sub-let my apartment several times over last few years.

I have a vague idea wherein I can crowdsource an apartment purchase in the neighborhood and then manage it for rentals. Since there would be no mortgage involved, the monthly costs would be minimal(building management fee). Any rent generated can be redistributed, while the ownership still remains with us.

Thoughts?

Very interesting idea, do you plan to use tokens for that? It would be good idea to have some sort of shares equivalent to investment someone took. Have you been thinking about some legal protection of investors too?
Share allocation is just a normal thing into these kind of ventures.I would like to know about on that legal protection of investors.I do love the idea since we do see an opportunity on making out money but the question here is that theres lots of things to be considered first specially on convincing people on funding you in. The question is how can you prove and make an assurance that everything would go to the plan?

So let's look at the risks associated with the investment and then risks in the plan.

Risk with investment: You are buying an apartment in a nice neighborhood. All risks associated with such an investment remain : Market crash in real estate prices, natural disasters etc. An insurance cover can be bought to compensate such risks.

Risk with Plan: The biggest risk with this project is non-occupancy of the apartment. What if the apartment is not rented for 12 months or more? And honestly I'd be lieing if I say I can guarantee a rental. All I can say is that I have lived in this neighborhood for 5+ years and have successfully found roommates/tenants. It WILL require work, but should generate rent with comfortable probability.

The risk is with generating rental income. However, your initial investment into the real estate remains intact. Even if the property returns no rental income, your equity in the apartment stays intact.

As for legal protection of investors, I have to dig in more. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Ok Check!
February 26, 2018, 02:29:11 PM
Hello all,

I was wondering if there would be interest from the community to crowd funding an apartment that can potentially generate rental income?

I live in a neighborhood in New York that hosts several professionals in the age group of 25-40. There are high rise buildings here with plenty of apartments. The apartments barely stay vacant and I myself have sub-let my apartment several times over last few years.

I have a vague idea wherein I can crowdsource an apartment purchase in the neighborhood and then manage it for rentals. Since there would be no mortgage involved, the monthly costs would be minimal(building management fee). Any rent generated can be redistributed, while the ownership still remains with us.

Thoughts?

Very interesting idea, do you plan to use tokens for that? It would be good idea to have some sort of shares equivalent to investment someone took. Have you been thinking about some legal protection of investors too?

Ideally, I would like to tokenize each investment. Or at least have a global token for all investments combined. But start up costs to set up an ICO and Development of smart contracts is pretty high. Perhaps, for the first deal it has to be more on traditional offline mode. It highly depends on the interest that I receive in this. I have started hitting bitcoin meetups in NYC area and hopefully I will be able to get more traction on this.

In the end, the idea will be to facilitate liquidity in such fractional ownerships of apartments - so that people can trade in/out of the deals.

As for legal protection, I am not sure what are you alluding to? If you mean to imply protection against scam, then I can say that this will be done via a legitimate business established in the USA etc. All details about the target apartment will be available for someone to verify where the money is going.

Activity: 2926
Merit: 722
February 26, 2018, 02:28:41 PM
Hello all,

Thoughts?

Share allocation is just a normal thing into these kind of ventures.I would like to know about on that legal protection of investors.I do love the idea since we do see an opportunity on making out money but the question here is that theres lots of things to be considered first specially on convincing people on funding you in. The question is how can you prove and make an assurance that everything would go to the plan?
Activity: 1491
Merit: 320
🐪 https://freebitco.in/?r=38535612
February 26, 2018, 02:21:46 PM
Hello all,

Thoughts?

Ok Check!
February 26, 2018, 02:17:07 PM
Hello all,

Thoughts?
Pages:
Jump to: