Pages:
Author

Topic: Ownership of BritCoin up for auction - page 2. (Read 2836 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
December 07, 2014, 05:36:04 PM
There's a nice possibly that buying now while it's very cheap will be advantages for the future. Change is happening and this coin may get rolling back to the top again.

legendary
Activity: 973
Merit: 1000
December 04, 2014, 02:39:27 PM
3 days remaining and $500 is the current bid.
legendary
December 02, 2014, 05:52:41 PM
And you made this thread censored exactly why?

The reason for the moderated thread is I know how things go on BCT.  I have no problem with civilised discourse, but it's obvious there will be a flood of morons screaming shitcoin without adding anything to the thread..  Or even knowing anything about BritCoin.

I would never delete any posts that have a legitimate questions or concern, but I'm not giving people an outlet to shitpost and scare potential buyers for no reason.
legendary
Activity: 1162
December 02, 2014, 05:15:32 PM
And you made this thread censored exactly why?
legendary
December 02, 2014, 01:04:51 PM
you're selling a website since you can't own a coin (assuming its open source and a bitcoin fork). you should make that clear and its weird that you would even advertise it as something else. or are you selling some kind of airdrop premine?

I can see where you're coming from, you are right that it's the websites for sale (homepage and fiat to Brit platform etc) but it is also for control of the BritCoin network and further developments, including the node servers.  Maybe ownership isn't the right term, but it's the closest thing I can think of that matches what's for sale.

If you have a better word then please let me know. Smiley
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
December 02, 2014, 12:52:41 PM
you're selling a website since you can't own a coin (assuming its open source and a bitcoin fork). you should make that clear and its weird that you would even advertise it as something else. or are you selling some kind of airdrop premine?
legendary
December 02, 2014, 11:17:34 AM
Hello everyone. Smiley

So since launching last June, BritCoin has come a long way from humble beginnings and I still believe it has a long way to go.  The goal is for BritCoin to become a real long term competitor of BTC within the British marketplace, but sadly due to time and funding issues on my behalf, I have come to the decision that I am not the right person to take this project forward.

Due to the fact that I am unaware of anyone personally who is right for taking this project forward, I have decided to put ownership of BritCoin up for auction.

As mentioned in the auction listing, the winner will be given full support from myself and I will always be on hand to give any advice needed, as well as staying active in the community when possible.

As far as I'm aware this is a first in the altcoin world;

https://flippa.com/3411871-britcoin-first-digital-cryptocurrency-for-sale-on-flippa

I'm happy to answer any questions etc.  But please keep the FUD to a minimum..  I have not taking this decision lightly and would appreciate some civility in this thread.

Regards, Will.
Pages:
Jump to: