Pages:
Author

Topic: P2Pool vs Normal Pool - Which one better ? - page 2. (Read 1846 times)

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049
If you are talking about the rewards, give it at least 6 months, both of them will have more or less the same payout for the last 6 months. Most normal pools have fees which can result in p2pool having more payout. They also have email notifications which alerts the user if the hashrate falls below X.

Is there any reward for the P2Pool owner ?
Some of them run it for free for others. Some people set up their own nodes and mine it on their own node as it have less latency and traffic.

So, unless a P2Pool owner has his own mining equipment, he's not gonna profit from this ...right ? Because, like a normal pool owner, he cant charge ...is not it ?
Unless you impose a fee and people are still interested to join it which is unlikely.

Is it possible at all to impose a fee on mining payout for a P2Pool ?
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 4158
If you are talking about the rewards, give it at least 6 months, both of them will have more or less the same payout for the last 6 months. Most normal pools have fees which can result in p2pool having more payout. They also have email notifications which alerts the user if the hashrate falls below X.

Some of them run it for free for others. Some people set up their own nodes and mine it on their own node as it have less latency and traffic.

So, unless a P2Pool owner has his own mining equipment, he's not gonna profit from this ...right ? Because, like a normal pool owner, he cant charge ...is not it ?
Unless you impose a fee and people are still interested to join it which is unlikely.
legendary

legendary

legendary

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
Whatever u have said are the advantages of the network. What advantage does a miner get by joining the a P2Pool over a normal pool ?

I don't see any direct personal gain from using p2pool, but I believe everyone involved in bitcoin (miners, traders, merchants, and even faucet lovers) want bitcoin to be successful and want to see the price going up.
While the major pools may not have any bad intentions at all, it is never a good idea to have the mining world overly-centralized, and it will negatively affect the confidence in bitcoin and hence the merchant acceptance, adoption rate and price.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital
No, in fact there is an advantage, as soon as everything is set up and working. Mining at ghash.io increases their power, which in result allows them to perform a 51% attack more easily if they wanted to. By mining on p2pool, you do not help facilitate centralization of mining power.

Many P2P nodes do not offer merged mining, while Ghash does. NMC merged mining can add ~1% to your return

I'd like to know the bitcoin mining specific advantage

it's decentralized. it helps to reduce the 51% (and under) threat. anything that chips away at mining centralization helps. i do understand the economic incentive for miners to pursue ways to merge mine, though.

Whatever u have said are the advantages of the network. What advantage does a miner get by joining the a P2Pool over a normal pool ?
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
No, in fact there is an advantage, as soon as everything is set up and working. Mining at ghash.io increases their power, which in result allows them to perform a 51% attack more easily if they wanted to. By mining on p2pool, you do not help facilitate centralization of mining power.

Many P2P nodes do not offer merged mining, while Ghash does. NMC merged mining can add ~1% to your return

it's decentralized. it helps to reduce the 51% (and under) threat. anything that chips away at mining centralization helps. i do understand the economic incentive for miners to pursue ways to merge mine, though.
legendary

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

legendary
P2P is currently only for large miners.

Why do u think so ? What advantage a small miner gets at a normal pool ?
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
P2P is currently only for large miners.
legendary

That is the advantage of the network. I'm asking which one is beneficial as a miner and why ?

p.s. I understand, as a pool owner, a normal pool is beneficial as pool owner may have commission from payment, which is not possible on a P2Pool. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
so is 51% a viable threat or very unlikely to happen?  Huh
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
legendary
Is there any drawback of P2Pool over Normal Pool mining with 0% fee, e.g. at GHash.IO ?
Pages:
Jump to: