Pages:
Author

Topic: Pakistan sends deported migrants back to Greece - page 2. (Read 1991 times)

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Perhaps Russia could help. As I heard there are plenty of relative well paid jobs in Norilsk, in the Chukotka region and in the Sakha Republic in addition they are desperately need some workforce.

Russia does not need any of these low-skilled economic immigrants, who have no intention to do any work. Most of the jobs in regions such as Norilsk and Chukotka are mining jobs, which requires a lot of stamina and energy. Also, these immigrants prefer to go to the United Kingdom or Germany, where they could live off the generous welfare payment system.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
Perhaps Russia could help. As I heard there are plenty of relative well paid jobs in Norilsk, in the Chukotka region and in the Sakha Republic in addition they are desperately need some workforce.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359
I wonder what would have happened if Greece had refused to take back these people.
This reminds me of something...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unbelievable_Adventures_of_Italians_in_Russia

All six of them (including Olga, the granddaughter) make their way to Russia and all but one are able to start their search (the doctor is left passport-less by mafioso and is forced to make several round trips from Russia to Italy because neither country is willing to let him in without identification).

Grin

Good old movie. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1246
All of them had Pakistani passports. What more evidence do you need to prove that they are Pakistani?  Cheesy

The EU office in Islamabad said all 50 people on the flight organised by Frontex, the agency in charge of Europe’s borders, had been given passports to travel by the Pakistani embassies in Greece, Bulgaria and Austria.

It said Pakistan’s demand that the migrants should also have their national identity card numbers was impossible for EU officials to organise and that it was not part of the agreement struck with Pakistan.

In this case, it is a deliberate attempt by Pakistan to dump their unwanted population in other countries. The passports were issued by the Pakistani embassies, so the Pakis can't claim that they are forged. Pakistan should be asked to take back its nationals, or economic and trade sanctions should be placed on that country.

Pakistan is trying to hide behind procedures (which have not been agreed upon).
I wonder what would have happened if Greece had refused to take back these people.
Some kind of media outrage in Pakistan would have helped force the hand of the Pakistani government.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
All of them had Pakistani passports. What more evidence do you need to prove that they are Pakistani?  Cheesy

The EU office in Islamabad said all 50 people on the flight organised by Frontex, the agency in charge of Europe’s borders, had been given passports to travel by the Pakistani embassies in Greece, Bulgaria and Austria.

It said Pakistan’s demand that the migrants should also have their national identity card numbers was impossible for EU officials to organise and that it was not part of the agreement struck with Pakistan.

In this case, it is a deliberate attempt by Pakistan to dump their unwanted population in other countries. The passports were issued by the Pakistani embassies, so the Pakis can't claim that they are forged. Pakistan should be asked to take back its nationals, or economic and trade sanctions should be placed on that country.

They´re not going to put sanctions on Pakistan, well unless they want to supply NATO occupation forces in Afghanistan by air. Remember, the Russians closed the northern route for obvious reasons.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1246
Just another example of a potential flaw in the vetting process for refugees, missing or nonexistent paperwork. The EU is pretty certain these folks are Pakistani, certain enough to put them on a charter plane home. However, home (that would be Pakistan) doesn't want them because they can't be certain they're Pakistani (or at least that's the claim).

Activity: 560
I think that not just Pakistan but all European countries, EU and other organizations just playing games with this people and trying to avoid problem and transfer all refugees to other countries instead of trying to solve this problem in their countries, like Syria and Iraq.
Their refugees politics is completely wrong.
They shouldn't wait that they arrive first in Europe but they should prevent civil war in Syria, and this was possible 3-4 years ago but nobody took serious care and responsibility for crisis in Syria.
Now, this problem EU, tried to avoid, came to them Smiley

Just another example of a potential flaw in the vetting process for refugees, missing or nonexistent paperwork. The EU is pretty certain these folks are Pakistani, certain enough to put them on a charter plane home. However, home (that would be Pakistan) doesn't want them because they can't be certain they're Pakistani (or at least that's the claim). Pretty bad when your own country won't claim you. Sort of like what Castro did with the Mariel boat thing. Empty the jails and asylums as a means of putting out the trash.
Well, if I were in charge somewhere in the Middle East or Pakistan and heard of an exodus of refugees heading for Europe, my first and rather obvious thought would be to get rid of some criminals and mental patients and get them into that mass. With pristine passports of course and under security personnel care most of the way.

Ever since Cuba used that tactic in the 1980s to get rid of all the criminals and the anti-social elements, a large number of nations have done the same. As long as the Western nations continue to be ruled by mentally retarded people such as Angela Merkel and John Fredrik Reinfeldt, who are afraid of the political correctness, this will continue unabated.

Well, it isn´t really rocket science. But nowadays it looks like millions of people haven´t had a single original thought their whole life. And then they vote for what they identify with, obviously.
legendary
Well, if I were in charge somewhere in the Middle East or Pakistan and heard of an exodus of refugees heading for Europe, my first and rather obvious thought would be to get rid of some criminals and mental patients and get them into that mass. With pristine passports of course and under security personnel care most of the way.

Ever since Cuba used that tactic in the 1980s to get rid of all the criminals and the anti-social elements, a large number of nations have done the same. As long as the Western nations continue to be ruled by mentally retarded people such as Angela Merkel and John Fredrik Reinfeldt, who are afraid of the political correctness, this will continue unabated.
legendary
Yes Pakistan is a pretty poor country with quite a lot of instability.

It has a huge population and just does not want to deal with returning and deported migrants. Also Pakistan has been for years taking millions of refugees from neighboring countries especially Afghanistan. So do you really blame them?

The migrant issue needs to be dealt with in Europe as it will not be able to cope. Id we tackle the root cause it will stop future of people.

Well.. I appreciate Pakistan for taking care of millions of Afghan immigrants during the civil war there. But at the same time, Pakistan is a stable country (at least with the exception of NWFP and FATA), devoid of any civil war or political unrest. What is the point in sending hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants to the EU, when the Europeans are struggling with inflows from Syria and Iraq?   
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Yes Pakistan is a pretty poor country with quite a lot of instability.

It has a huge population and just does not want to deal with returning and deported migrants. Also Pakistan has been for years taking millions of refugees from neighboring countries especially Afghanistan. So do you really blame them?

The migrant issue needs to be dealt with in Europe as it will not be able to cope. Id we tackle the root cause it will stop future of people.
legendary
Hmmm... so Pakistan is refusing to accept the immigrants, since they are having doubts regarding their nationality? Well... I have a solution for this. Just ask the immigrants to give their personal details (name, date of birth, place of permanent residence.etc). This data can be verified with the Pakistani authorities, and they can be sent back to their home countries. If they refuse to provide these details, just dump them in Somalia.
Hello Everyone,
I am from Pakistan; I wanted to comment on this pot. Yes Pakistan deport the migrants on the same Greece Plane, because they have no prove that they are Pakistani's. Pakistan accepts 19 people out of 30.
This is very necessary because you can see in Western Countries (specially in France and Germany) the Syrians migrates in very huge numbers. So, it is an idea of independent sources that in migrants, every 5th person is suspect (or may be linked with culprits).
So that is very necessary to accept migrants after full scrutiny, Pakistan already in the field of war, here in Pakistan Millry do an operation against militants or Taliban. You all know Taliban killed over 50 Thousand Pakistanis. So, Pakistan is not in position to take more risks
I pray to God that the problem of Syria should be resolved soon so that the rest of world live in peace. I hope so.

Yeah, you can just imagine how many in that mass of refugees entering Europe have false passports. Forgers and sellers of passports and identification are raking it in. Must be a nightmare to sort that mess out.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Hello Everyone,
I am from Pakistan; I wanted to comment on this pot. Yes Pakistan deport the migrants on the same Greece Plane, because they have no prove that they are Pakistani's. Pakistan accepts 19 people out of 30.
This is very necessary because you can see in Western Countries (specially in France and Germany) the Syrians migrates in very huge numbers. So, it is an idea of independent sources that in migrants, every 5th person is suspect (or may be linked with culprits).
So that is very necessary to accept migrants after full scrutiny, Pakistan already in the field of war, here in Pakistan Millry do an operation against militants or Taliban. You all know Taliban killed over 50 Thousand Pakistanis. So, Pakistan is not in position to take more risks
I pray to God that the problem of Syria should be resolved soon so that the rest of world live in peace. I hope so.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
I think that not just Pakistan but all European countries, EU and other organizations just playing games with this people and trying to avoid problem and transfer all refugees to other countries instead of trying to solve this problem in their countries, like Syria and Iraq.
Their refugees politics is completely wrong.
They shouldn't wait that they arrive first in Europe but they should prevent civil war in Syria, and this was possible 3-4 years ago but nobody took serious care and responsibility for crisis in Syria.
Now, this problem EU, tried to avoid, came to them Smiley

legendary
Pakistan is just trying to offload people that it can not deal with.

Agreed 100%. Pakistan is having a population of some 200 million people, and it is growing by some 6 million per year. The government discourages family planning, and want the couples to have as many children as they could. Also, the Pakistani government encourages the migration of its citizens to Western nations, as remittances constitute a large part of the GDP.
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
Pakistan is just trying to offload people that it can not deal with.

It is trying to limit its losses as it has a huge refugee population already and literally can not cope. It is in a bad position and is just trying to do the best it can.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
I think Algeria did that too some years ago. France had deported Algerian delinquents but the North African country didn't want them anymore, so it just sent them back to France. Of course, the people deported didn't pay for their flights, nor the meals they got along the way.
Pages:
Jump to: