Pages:
Author

Topic: Pangolinminer demanding extra payments for delayed Whatsminer D1 shipments - page 2. (Read 465 times)

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036
However, as a distributor, whatsminer.net will not charge extra for anyone who purchased before this announcement was made. Anyone who ordered from us within the last 12 hours will be offered a refund.

I didn't realize you were associated  with Whatsminer. That's a solid move on the part of your company to honor the prior price and to work with people moving forward. Keep up the good work.

I can't blame Pangolin for the situation they are in. This is a MicroBT clusterf**k and they should be taking better care of their supply chain as well as the image they are trying to build as a company.
copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 32
As for PangolinMiner, I highly doubt they have the funds to afford to make refunds. I am guessing they are not very cash flow positive. As for the manufacturer, MicroBT, it’s a poor move on their part. However, as a distributor, whatsminer.net will not charge extra for anyone who purchased before this announcement was made. Anyone who ordered from us within the last 12 hours will be offered a refund. Anyone who ordered before 12 hours ago will not be affected. Sadly, I’m sure the distributor, Pango, will not honor this same type of deal.

https://t.me/whatsminerchannel/49
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036
Hello Forum Reader,

I just received this email from Pangolin. Keep in mind that I ordered my D1 2 months ago and was told it would be shipped Nov. 20. The lost mining time alone is far more than the $350 they are extorting from me and the value of the miner has decreased INCREDIBLY due to the release of the Antminer DR3. This company is following the worst practices a company can. Stay away from their products as they cannot deliver what they promise.

[...]

Seriously. That's insane. Summed it up below.

Hey

Look, So I'm gonna be about a month late but I'm better than I was supposed to be; but instead of giving these improvements to people who went out on a limb and pre-ordered from us we think you should pay more for these improvements.

Thanks don't forget to GFY.

It's shitty to say the least, but the audacity to force an additional payment or take 90% of your original order is top level shit service. I'd cancel my order in a heartbeat over crap like that. I could see charging for all additional batches moving forward, but would consider it a gift to those that pre-orded. It may have finally shed a positive to pre-orders - it may be better than what you bought.
copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 32
Wow. I’m sorry to hear this happened to you.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Hello Forum Reader,

I just received this email from Pangolin. Keep in mind that I ordered my D1 2 months ago and was told it would be shipped Nov. 20. The lost mining time alone is far more than the $350 they are extorting from me and the value of the miner has decreased INCREDIBLY due to the release of the Antminer DR3. This company is following the worst practices a company can. Stay away from their products as they cannot deliver what they promise.

Quote from: Pangolinminer
Dear Valued Customer,

We are very sorry to inform you your order #1**** is having changes as below, and we required response and action from your side.

Your order of Whatsminer D1 (#1****)  will be shipped out before 2018/12/25. And it can be reached to US before 2018/12/31.

1. The hashrate has been improved from 44th/s to 48th/s. And there’s no increasing in power consumption.

In this case, you need to make up the difference of hashrate (+4th/s) for each miner.

Which will be 350USD for each miner. (87.5USD/th). Total is USD350 for your order.

2. If your order contains 10pcs*n(n=interger) whatsminer D1, you can also ask us to fulfill the 90% quantity of your original order. (The total hashrate will be the same)

3. For order quantity less than 10pcs, refund request is negotiable with the supplier (MICROBT).

Refund will be returned to your account (USD) or BTC wallet before 2019/1/15.

Reason for shipment changes:

Microbt (Supplier and Manufactuer of Whatsminer d1) is suffering from shortage of chips supply during November. In this case they have postponed the delivery date of first few batches of whatsminer d1 (from 2018/11/20 to 2018/12/20).

You can find official announcement from Microbt in attached. We have also translated it into English.

Annoucement for extra terahash makeup:

Microbt made some fine tune after the first sample units is coming out. And the hashrate is improve from 44th/s to 48th/s.
In this case, Microbt demands all clients to make up for the difference of increasing 4TH/s.

Which will be 350USD as total (87.5USD/TH), if the quantity is above 10pcs in one single order. Then it is also possible to ship 90% of the original quantity. You can find official document from official.

Please notice that all above changes are made by  MICROBT without prior notice to us.  PANGOLINMINER doesn’t know about above information and changes until 2018/11/5.  
**Also MICROBT has increased whatsminer D1(48th) price to 4,745USD for December batch.
Pages:
Jump to: