Pages:
Author

Topic: Paper wallet / Cold Wallet - page 2. (Read 1009 times)

Activity: 391
Merit: 100
November 16, 2017, 11:39:33 AM
Hi guys, i'm really curious I store my btc in coins.ph where the prices change based on the current exchange rate. PHP-> BTC and BTC->PHP. I just store it there for a long time. Now i've been hearing that I shouldn't maintain my btc in a trade wallet or exchange wallet. So anyway, Could anyone define to me what are those wallets and what is the difference between a paper wallet and cold wallet?
All I know is cold wallet, in this wallet you got to get private key for your wallet. As we all know, private key are great source of defense of a wallet. You should maintain that.

I am a Filipino and coins.ph is a reliable wallet in Philippines. But it is better if you store a maximum of 2 bitcoins in there. Because some accounts were held by coins because of having many bitcoins and they are holding accounts to make sure where that money came from.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
November 16, 2017, 11:35:41 AM
cold wallet its mean-you have your own privatekeys,you also can generate privatekeys or as regular get from blockchain for example
Activity: 350
Merit: 13
November 16, 2017, 11:33:22 AM
Hi guys, i'm really curious I store my btc in coins.ph where the prices change based on the current exchange rate. PHP-> BTC and BTC->PHP. I just store it there for a long time. Now i've been hearing that I shouldn't maintain my btc in a trade wallet or exchange wallet. So anyway, Could anyone define to me what are those wallets and what is the difference between a paper wallet and cold wallet?

Storing private keys online is not safe, if the exchange gets compromised, you are basically fucked.
What you should do is download Electrum, create a new wallet ,and transfer the funds from the exchange to your new wallet.
Electrum is a safe and easy to use cold wallet.
Paper wallet is physically printing out or writing down the private keys and public keys to paper material.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
November 16, 2017, 11:16:25 AM
Pages:
Jump to: