Pages:
Author

Topic: Paper Wallets for Dummies. - page 2. (Read 1858 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
August 30, 2014, 03:40:39 PM
Yeah use https://bitaddress.org, if you want to be completely safe download the page (Page->Save as...) on a flash drive and boot a machine from a live CD (NOT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET) and create your wallet on that machine.
yeah , cold storage provide more security and low risk .. even i'm newbie here , i'm using cold storage wallet to storage a big point of BTC Cheesy ..
and uses online storage for faucet or Gambling  Grin
Activity: 42
Merit: 3
August 30, 2014, 01:31:19 PM

What is the absolute most DEAD SIMPLE and SECURE way to get Bitcoins from Bitcoin.QT to a physical wallet for printing?

Also...I am obsessed with esthetics...I even laminate my physical wallets...so I like the look of Coinbase.com's printed wallets.  I need a service that offers good esthetics, preferably customization, and is nice and secure.

Here is an easy solution that should satisfy both.

1) Buy some Cryptoart

2) For security, swap out the private key/QR code by printing off a paper wallet from bitaddress.org.  The size is compatible.

Here is a code discount code for 35% off for you or anyone else reading this:

drbitcoin

The discount code is good through Monday.

Enjoy -Troy

PS: New artist with amazing imagery coming out soon!

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
August 30, 2014, 01:28:49 PM
A Coinbase paper wallet is a generic paper wallet. You can fund it from anywhere. You don't have to fund it from your Coinbase account.

1. Generate the paper wallet on Coinbase.
2. Print it.
3. Send bitcoins from your Bitcoin Core (Qt) wallet to your paper wallet.
I wouldn't personally use a paper wallet that is created by a website like this. If you trust coinbase enough to not somehow compromise the creating of a paper wallet then you might as well use their vault (cold storage) services. With their vault service you have a more or less zero chance of loosing your BTC because you mess something up.
Activity: 518
Trust me!
August 30, 2014, 01:28:30 PM
Yeah,absolutely bitcoin qt should itself possess a paper wallet printing feature,It would be best rather than using other services

Well this is an interesting stance. Yeah, I agree that as the "main" or reference implementation it should feature more of the interesting features that emerged, but I guess that BitcoinQT is neglected in many ways. Also a lot of people opt for a "cleaner" "lighter" or "simpler" client like MultiBit.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
August 30, 2014, 01:26:41 PM
Yeah,absolutely bitcoin qt should itself possess a paper wallet printing feature,It would be best rather than using other services
legendary
Activity: 4298
Merit: 3209
August 30, 2014, 01:07:26 PM
A Coinbase paper wallet is a generic paper wallet. You can fund it from anywhere. You don't have to fund it from your Coinbase account.

1. Generate the paper wallet on Coinbase.
2. Print it.
3. Send bitcoins from your Bitcoin Core (Qt) wallet to your paper wallet.
Activity: 518
Trust me!
August 30, 2014, 12:26:39 PM
Yeah use https://bitaddress.org, if you want to be completely safe download the page (Page->Save as...) on a flash drive and boot a machine from a live CD (NOT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET) and create your wallet on that machine.
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
August 30, 2014, 12:22:57 PM
https://www.bitaddress.org

For the most paranoid (like me), download the website from https://github.com/pointbiz/bitaddress.org to your computer, disconnect your internet, and run it offline.
Activity: 350
Merit: 294
August 30, 2014, 11:00:24 AM
While this should probably be in beginners, I decided to post in the main forum for one reason...fear that someone will put up a dummy physical wallet service and steal bitcoins instead of answering my question.

Right now, I use Coinbase.com physical wallet service to offload Bitcoins.  However I have more Bitcoins in Bitcoin.QT that I want to put in cold storage, and I don't want to send them to Coinbase, pay fees, and also run the risk that some untrustworthy employee at Coinbase is intercepting the physical wallet printing service.

What is the absolute most DEAD SIMPLE and SECURE way to get Bitcoins from Bitcoin.QT to a physical wallet for printing?

Also...I am obsessed with esthetics...I even laminate my physical wallets...so I like the look of Coinbase.com's printed wallets.  I need a service that offers good esthetics, preferably customization, and is nice and secure.

Why doesn't Bitcoin.QT just have its own wallet printing feature? This seems like a no brainer.
Pages:
Jump to: