Pages:
Author

Topic: Pardon is this sounds stupid - page 2. (Read 313 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1026
August 21, 2022, 09:30:36 AM
Will the DAG file on those new ETH forks be reset? Sorry if this sound like a stupid question but I want to if 4GB cards will be able to work on the new ETHW and the other, please enlighten me if I'm wrong.
The size of the DAG file will depend on the decision of the developers and the vote of the community, as it happens with the Conflux coin
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/conflux-changes-mining-algorithm-to-ethash-pow-5410204
It will probably be beneficial for the developer to have more video cards able to mine their forks, but it’s better to ask about it in the community of new coins.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1304
August 21, 2022, 09:07:16 AM
It's not a stupid question
I tried to find some info, but nothing is 100% on ETHW

The new fork, in theory will keep exactly the same things from ETH right now, equals in the past but at the moment of the fork, chains will be different.
Devs have the power to reduce DAG size, like ETC did in the past to avoid 51% attacks.

If you want my opinion, they will not reduce DAG, if they reduce, we can see a huge number of old hardware mining again, and this is not the situation right now, with the end of ETH there's already tons of GPUs seeking for a new coin to mine.
Activity: 130
Merit: 11
August 21, 2022, 05:08:41 AM
Will the DAG file on those new ETH forks be reset? Sorry if this sound like a stupid question but I want to if 4GB cards will be able to work on the new ETHW and the other, please enlighten me if I'm wrong.
Pages:
Jump to: