Pages:
Author

Topic: Parent Calls 911 When School Will Not Release Child. Refusal To Take Common Core - page 3. (Read 2581 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
School does not have higher authority over children than parents have. It does not matter if child is during 'testing' or not if Parent is asking for his child it is his/her law. That is my opinion.

I agree, I think she has the right to take her child out of the testing if she wants and should be allowed to take them home or w/e.
Did we find out what happened in the end?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
School does not have higher authority over children than parents have. It does not matter if child is during 'testing' or not if Parent is asking for his child it is his/her law. That is my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon

WINTER PARK, Fla. – A Florida parent was forced to take drastic measures when her public school refused to release her child during a dispute over standardized testing.

Jacqui Myers says another mother with a child at Winter Park’s Brookshire Elementary School called her after she arrived at the school to opt her fifth-grade daughter out of standardized testing related to the Common Core national standards initiative.

“They’re not giving me my child, can you help?” the mother told Myers.

Myers, the mother of a first grader, is active in a group working to opt children out of state tests and was at the school counseling parents.

She called 911 to report that the school wouldn’t release the child.

The school told the mother they did not want to release the child because she was in the middle of testing. But when police arrived, the school relented and turned her over.

http://eagnews.org/parent-calls-911-after-public-school-refuses-to-release-child/

Pages:
Jump to: