Pages:
Author

Topic: "Parsing Tx Hashes" all night, hung or wait? - page 2. (Read 409 times)

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 4195
diamond-handed zealot
I don't see any, .armory has .cookie_, several .wallets the three logs and settings in it, well, and a databases folder that I don't think it should be using...
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1345
Armory Developer
What config files do you have?
legendary
diamond-handed zealot
so yeah, had to step away for a bit, frustration and other stuff going on

The situation here is that armorylog shows --dbdir="/home/stg/.armory/databases", but I DO HAVE my alternate path /media/BITCORE/armory specified in the Armory Settings dialog in the GUI.

ArmorySettings.txt agrees with the GUI; ArmoryDbdir                       l   /media/BITCORE/armory

so, I'm stumped
legendary
Armory Developer
I have had Armory Database pointed to /media/BITCORE/armory under file/settings, but is obviously has not written its logs there since the yuletide, while the logs in /home/usr/.armory are more current...why on earth would that be?

Database path is just that.

satoshi-datadir -> Path to Core's datadir, defaults to ~/.bitcoin

datadir -> path to Armory's setting files, logs & wallets. Defaults to ~/.armory

dbdir -> Armory database folder, defaults to [datadir]/databases
legendary
diamond-handed zealot
yeah, clearly my pathing is borked, those logs are from the old Win7 build

I remember having to grapple with editing fstab to get that BITCORE drive with the blockchain on it mounted.

I am running 0.96.5-beta per the about tab in the GUI

I have had Armory Database pointed to /media/BITCORE/armory under file/settings, but is obviously has not written its logs there since the yuletide, while the logs in /home/usr/.armory are more current...why on earth would that be?

legendary
Armory Developer
Says 96.3, is there a reason you're on an older release for your online machine?
legendary
diamond-handed zealot
OK, so that is some shit copied over from me trying to not re-download 250GB of blockchain when they stopped supporting win7

that is the only explanation for that

what a mess
your Armory install is NOT set to use this directory... and is writing to /home/usr/.armory

copy that, investigating
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
I'm not sure where that logfile has come from... but it is showing an old, outdated version of Armory... running on Windows:
Code:
2020-01-02 09:28:19 (INFO) -- ArmoryUtils.pyc:1271 -    Armory Version        : 0.96.3
2020-01-02 09:28:19 (INFO) -- ArmoryUtils.pyc:1272 -    Armory Build:         : 2b65ac0648
2020-01-02 09:28:19 (INFO) -- ArmoryUtils.pyc:1273 -    PyBtcWallet  Version  : 1.35
2020-01-02 09:28:19 (INFO) -- ArmoryUtils.pyc:1274 - Detected Operating system: Windows
2020-01-02 09:28:19 (INFO) -- ArmoryUtils.pyc:1275 -    OS Variant            : 7-6.1.7601-SP1-Multiprocessor Free

But you say you're now running on Linux? Huh So, I don't think these logfiles are at all relevant to your current issue.

So, pathing, the perennial bugaboo of Armory support; I have both core and Armory pointed to an alternate location, /media/BITCORE/ but both seem to still write some data to /home/usr/.bitcoin and /home/usr/.armory.
It appears that while Bitcoin Core is indeed using /media/BITCORE, your Armory install is NOT set to use this directory... and is writing to /home/usr/.armory

nuke DB...right...I remember something about that, of course that was on windows...hmmm
In Armory, Goto "Help -> Rebuild and Rescan Databases"... Click "Yes" and then shut down and restart Armory.
legendary
diamond-handed zealot
nuke DB...right...I remember something about that, of course that was on windows...hmmm

wanders off to poke around/

hold up! I found another set of logs, and perhaps this will be instructive, at least about my ignorance if nothing else.

So, pathing, the perennial bugaboo of Armory support; I have both core and Armory pointed to an alternate location, /media/BITCORE/ but both seem to still write some data to /home/usr/.bitcoin and /home/usr/.armory.  200 some odd GB in .bitcoin on my boot nVME was the issue that precipitated this whole exercise.

I am really sorry guys, I swear once you get me trained back up I will help point some noobs to electrum for a while, I try and give back, but the months go by and computers are not my main thing.

The log files in /media/BITCORE are too large for pastebin, and seem to end around newyears, clearly my pathing is borked yet again...I do not recall changing anything but we have already established that this is not unheard of.

here is the tail of armorylog

https://pastebin.com/dFYGZ5jn

"when I click on dblog there it tells me "some file(s) could not be opened! you may not have the permission to read"

ffs...since when, it worked before

linux permissions fml, I am in hell

legendary
Armory Developer
Well the DB is reporting that there is no history to scan so it looks like they were never registered. I'd nuke Armory's DB and try again.
legendary
diamond-handed zealot
ummmm, 2 I believe, an empty hot wallet and a watching only, they show in the "available wallets" field of the GUI, no balances reported of course

is that a clue?
legendary
Armory Developer
Do you not have a wallet loaded?
legendary
diamond-handed zealot
dblog...right, sorry, I forget between problems, thanks!

https://pastebin.com/84Q1LFCP
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
That's the Armorylog.txt and it looks fine. Nothing untoward showing there. Can you post the contents of the dbLog.txt?
legendary
diamond-handed zealot
log...right...uh...

I hope this is right

https://pastebin.com/NvGXvvkt
legendary
Armory Developer
Probably hung, though a look at the logs wouldn't hurt.
legendary
diamond-handed zealot
I am really sorry to bother you guys.  It seems like something breaks every couple years and I have to teach myself all the tricks over again.  I lose my chops in the intervening months.

I had a drive get full and my node went offline for 13 weeks.  I closed and rebooted and fired up bitcoin-qt and let it sync, then closed that normally and rebooted again and started up armory.

Things seemed to go well at first but now it is "Parsing Tx Hashes" for 12 hours which doesn't seem right.  There is a python task taking up 12% of my CPU that I think isn't usually there, so maybe that is it working away so I am reluctant to lose patience.  I figured I would ask what you folks think.

It is on an MX linux build, which is a debian with xfce.
Pages:
Jump to: