Pages:
Author

Topic: Passive income methods (GPU Mining included) {QUESTION!} - page 2. (Read 4229 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 101
Trading BTC, looking for amazon cards
yea I know a fair bit about youtube, I will think about a nice way to invest the money then if not GPU mining.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Sorry, not a Youtube expert.. and I've been out of the game for a while so I'm probably a bit rusty.
I recommend Wickedfire for services though... and thevault.bz for marketing information. Maybe there's a good course there that has something on youtube... or a user on their forum that knows something. Quite a few knowledgeable people there if you ask the right questions in the right place. They even have a Bitcoin thread. Smiley
The rig I designed is 6 R9 280Xs, I could mod it for different cards though to save money.

Affiliate marketing is interesting, if you know a simple way of ranking on youtube pm me, since I am having trouble doing so since my view scripts got patched.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
You can certainly go with scrypt mining, Revolution.

You also don't have to start out with 4 m/hash. Technically, breaking even is completely scalable - it's equally difficult, no matter how much hashing power you buy originally (all other things being equal). So you could start off smaller (which means less risk in dollars spent) and then add more GPU power if you do break even.

Just some thoughts.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
If you do it right: affiliate marketing.
Find a profitable niche with good products, find a reliable traffic source, create a good website and bring the traffic to it.

Once you find a winning recipe you don't have to do anything really. I used to make close to $1000/month selling guides for MMORPGs (World of Warcraft, Aion) and Starcraft 2. They weren't evergreen though so those niches eventually dried up. But my sites ranked #1-2 spot on google at the time and brought in some decent traffic, and my reviews converted customers.

Edit: oh, and of course.. if you're able to create a good product and find affiliates to market it for you.. that works too. Smiley
So any other suggestions as to passive income methods other than mining?
Can I just switch currencies all the time and make a good passive earning?

No one can answer this question. It's a risk either way. You have to make the decision for yourself one way or the other to mine or to not mine.

The real question is, if you mine, is your counterpart out there who will enter the trading "market" that will buy the coins you're bringing to market?
Hmmm interesting reply.

Yea the electricity cost will be high, I pay 0.2$/KW.

However I can sell the altcoins directly to their communities.

For example if I were to mine at  4260KH/s, with 2000 Watt power, 0.2$/KW.

Are these normal profits?

http://www.coinwarz.com/miningprofitability/litecoin/?hr=4260.00&p=2000.00&pc=0.2000&e=MtGox

Can I just switch currencies all the time and make a good passive earning?
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

...and that I can sell it back at 50%+ the original price (1700$+) meaning I should get a good ROI.

No, I don't think so. That was true a month ago, but probably not now. There will probably be a flood of used hardware that will be flowing into ebay soon that is going to lower that figure.

True.
But still, it is profitable to build GPU rigs to mine scrypt coins now.
Activity: 364
Merit: 253
This really belongs in the altcoin mining section, but what the hell.

Now most sites say that I can make 1000$+ profit out of most alt-scrypt currencies using that hardware...

$1000+ if you're very lucky, and part of that luck includes the trading price of bitcoin going back up. Because you have to cash out in bitcoin.

...and that I can sell it back at 50%+ the original price (1700$+) meaning I should get a good ROI.

No, I don't think so. That was true a month ago, but probably not now. There will probably be a flood of used hardware that will be flowing into ebay soon that is going to lower that figure.

Which is a good business for all of use, a fresh surge of new miners and market players. Things are going well. And Gox is crashing down.
cp1
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Stop using branwallets
Don't forget the $250 / month in electricity costs.
This really belongs in the altcoin mining section, but what the hell.

Now most sites say that I can make 1000$+ profit out of most alt-scrypt currencies using that hardware...

$1000+ if you're very lucky, and part of that luck includes the trading price of bitcoin going back up. Because you have to cash out in bitcoin.

I am aiming to make $1000 USD + a month via a passive income method.

Now BTC mining is dead, unless you get an Overpowered SHA256 ASIC.

I was thinking of building a Scrypt GPU mining rig, people say ASICs are coming out but they seem to be Salsa20/8 mods of the SHA256 rigs meaning they don't pump out a lot of hash/$.

For 3400$ I can make a rig with 4.2 Mhash/sec Scrypt.

Now most sites say that I can make 1000$+ profit out of most alt-scrypt currencies using that hardware, and that I can sell it back at 50%+ the original price (1700$+) meaning I should get a good ROI.

What do you guys think in terms of passive sources of income,
I am trying to do projects and would like a passive source of income easy to monitor and stabilize.

I would have up to 10,000$ to invest in order to earn 1000/month+
Pages:
Jump to: