Pages:
Author

Topic: Passphrase of Death (Bounty in BTC) - page 2. (Read 211 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 12
November 21, 2022, 05:08:00 AM
Is there a chance that maybe you've deposited your coins in the past on addresses starting with 1 and now your (recovered?) wallet has addresses starting with bc1? (if you don't know, the year could be a clue)
Maybe it's not about the hidden feature, if you've never used it?

I don't think that's ever been suggested before, not even on the Trezor forums! That's very interesting. I'm basing off of the TX IDs I have from the hot wallet I was using to transfer funds from, and the receiving addresses all start with bc1q. So, I guess that means it's really the hidden feature?
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
November 21, 2022, 05:02:18 AM
Try to provide more information first.

So you have a Trezor Model T. You set up your HW, generated a seed, and sent bitcoins to one of its addresses. Is it correct so far?
Have you checked and confirmed that the address on your computer is correct and matches the one displayed on your hardware wallet?

What happened next?
Did you try to recover your wallet from seed and when you did the wallet was empty?
If the wallet is empty, does it show any transaction history? If you check on a block explorer, are the coins still in the address you sent them to?  

How do you know that a passphrase is required?
Have you written down your seed properly and you are 100% certain of the words? Is it possible that you misspelled something?  
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
November 21, 2022, 05:01:03 AM
Is there a chance that maybe you've deposited your coins in the past on addresses starting with 1 and now your (recovered?) wallet has addresses starting with bc1? (if you don't know, the year could be a clue)
Maybe it's not about the hidden feature, if you've never used it?

Edit: I strongly advise you ignore help offers in private messages, telegram and so on; your fat wallet may attract scammers, and not "only" for 4BTC
Activity: 11
Merit: 12
November 21, 2022, 04:49:48 AM
Hi, all!

I'm using a Trezor Model T. Anyone else dig their own grave with the hidden wallet feature? I swear to all that is holy, I was never asked to enter one during initial setup. I've lost all my coins and it's hard to recover from such a huge loss. I'd like to know if anyone has gone through a similar hardware wallet problem and successfully recovered theirs using recovery tools/services?

I really, really, f*cked up. I know that being a new member on this forum can easily make people dismiss my case, but I can provide proof of my claim. I'm offering bounty for successful recovery. Any suggestions/recommendations, please?

(I'm not sure where to inquire about trusted services offered here. Sorry mod if this isn't the right place! I'm still finding my way.)

Thanks and stay safe!

EDIT: In conclusion, I forgot that I ever put in a passphrase. It was not a Trezor problem. I f*cked up BIG time. WalletRecoveryServices saved me. This forum is A+++

BTC
Pages:
Jump to: