Pages:
Author

Topic: Pathing - Linux Mint 18.2 Sonya - Core - page 2. (Read 241 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
January 01, 2018, 02:10:49 AM
I know this must be exasperating for long-time users of Armory.  I apologize in advance, however I can't seem to find an answer to my specific problem.  I'm trying to become better about my digital hygiene, so I've been learning how to run Linux.  I've running Linux Mint, 18.2 Sonya, and I have downloaded Bitcoin Core and Armory.  Everytime I installed Armory from the .deb file, it woudn't show "preparing databases" etc. on the Dashboard.  Finally, after many re-installs, I got it to work.  I also downloaded Bitcoin Core from their website, and unzipped it into my Downloads folder.  bitcoin-qt I would always have to double click, and click "make executable and run" and it would start up Core.  After downloading the Block, I couldn't find WHERE on my computer it had actually downloaded the blockchain to.  Finally, after searching hidden folders, I found in my root folder a folder called "ecryptFS" with the size of the Blockchain downloaded.  The only problem I'm having is, there isn't a single folder in there for the datadir.  It's a bunch of folders in there, with the information all split up into different files.  I just wanted to have bitcoin core work as an executable without having to force it everytime, but the instructions I found online for converting it via terminal didn't work.  I don't know how to path Armory to the datadir, even though it seems to connect when I boot up Core seperately from Armory and let both run.  My issue is, it works, but I don't understand why or how, and I would like to fix it, or wipe and do it the proper way.  I'm fairly new to Linux, and I apologize for the inconvenice, but if anyone could help me it would be very appreciated. 

Update:  I also have in my home folder a "Bitcoin" folder I created, with "bitcoin-qt" which I moved from my unzipped folder of Bitcoin Core, the executable still runs when I force it, and now a .Bitcoin folder, which randomly has like 18 GB of data.  I'm so confused...
Pages:
Jump to: