Pages:
Author

Topic: paxful scam alert - page 2. (Read 417 times)

Activity: 400
Merit: 268
December 12, 2019, 02:20:26 AM
This exact same thing has happened to a friend and it was with this same paxful, it has made me so wary of them, I could never use the wallet, what is the need of storing a decentralised currency when the wallet providers could simply freeze my funds when it gets to the wallet? It just doesn't make sense, when it happened to my friend, even when he had proven how he got the funds, they refused to release the funds, if that isn't a blatant scam, then I don't know what is.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 275
December 11, 2019, 04:31:37 AM
Sorry about your loss, i doubt if there is anything paxful can do about it but you can still be patient and wait for their final response.
I often receive login email alert on my paxful account despite the fact that i did not do it myself, this makes me not to make any deposit into the account.
The actual problem is that paxful account security is not solid and users can easily break into other users account and steal their funds without been checked.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
Paldo.io 🤖
December 10, 2019, 05:41:48 AM
hello everyone don't you ever try to stock your bitcoin in to paxful ther are a scam they scam me and rip me for 0.40 btc I try to call them no one respnad and in the live chat no one respand and when I send them a message all have the same anwser sience 11 days thank you for your pationt we will fowerd this to our admin so Im here to let you know that if you pute any amount of bitcoin to any paxful account you are risking to lose your funds dont you ever do that .
so you start to buy and sell normally without any problem when you add bitcoin they make your account is frozen when you try to contact them your problem will never resolved be careful

You might want to give us more information if you want to create a "good enough" accusation.

1. Probably provide some relevant screenshots.
2. Expound more on what happened. My guess is that you deposited a big amount of money(in contrast to their limits), and now they're requiring KYC. Just to make sure you're not using a stolen credit/debit card and such.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 388
December 09, 2019, 06:21:26 PM
Well, you should expect that because it's there incase of money laundering. 0.4 BTC is a huge amount though and you shouldn't have deposited it st once.There's nothing you can do because they will tell it's part of the T&C uou sgreed to when signing. There's no choice here than to comply with their KYC so that you can get your funds out of there.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 757
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
December 08, 2019, 01:11:39 PM
same here, they ask me to verify account, and give selfy photo, and many documents.

i told them i want to leave paxful and withdraw my balance but they rejected to give me my balance.

i was active on paxful since years, and i really loved them but yes, they turned to scam at the end.
Most of these services such as paxful, skrill, lbc need KYC (if I'm not mistaken) due to do their compliance on US AML laws whenever their users have reached x amount of trading, or more likely when there's their so-called suspicious activities.

So your funds will be hostaged on their platform, and it's either you let your funds there or do their KYC verification.
If they were accused of money laundering then funds will be locked there forever. Because I faced same issue on localbitcoin when someone tries to launder his money y responding to my ads I reported him and he never got his money back until now.
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
December 08, 2019, 12:19:09 PM
same here, they ask me to verify account, and give selfy photo, and many documents.

i told them i want to leave paxful and withdraw my balance but they rejected to give me my balance.

i was active on paxful since years, and i really loved them but yes, they turned to scam at the end.
Most of these services such as paxful, skrill, lbc need KYC (if I'm not mistaken) due to do their compliance on US AML laws whenever their users have reached x amount of trading, or more likely when there's their so-called suspicious activities.

So your funds will be hostaged on their platform, and it's either you let your funds there or do their KYC verification.
Activity: 2310
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
December 08, 2019, 11:43:24 AM
It is not a random website to accuse without any proof. You need to make the things cleared what has been mentioned on your locked funds then it's possible to find why its happened and is there a possibility to retrieve it.

Possibly you violated their terms that is why you are in that situation.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
December 08, 2019, 11:42:07 AM

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671
December 08, 2019, 11:14:46 AM
Posting some screenshots and having a more detailed information for your scam accusation will help make other members have a better image on your current situation, so that we aren't also second guessing what happened to your funds. Since I know Paxful is a trusted service and you might have done something against their rules that's why your .40 BTC is locked in your account. Because I'm sure that Paxful won't just lock/freeze your account for no reason.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
December 08, 2019, 04:00:39 AM
when you add bitcoin they make your account is frozen when you try to contact them your problem will never resolved be careful
This topic reminds us not to keep a lot of money on the platforms, just as much as we can trade.
@WHellscryp mentioned that his account was frozen when he deposited some Bitcoin, I think you need to prove the source of your money? There are some reports of accounts frozen due to some deposits related to gambling or money laundering or even coinjoin[1].
Did you send 0.4 at once? Meaning that you made an unfamiliar payment?
Generally, the support team is the only one who can solve your problem, try to explain it better.

[1] Paxful account was frozen due to coinjoin
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
December 06, 2019, 09:57:40 PM
What's your account username in paxful and how you got that 0.4 btc ?
You don't need to show this here.

So you're selling and/or buying in paxful, and you have 0.4 BTC, there are you sure there's no outgoing transaction on your account?

And by "lose your funds" you mean your account's balance was frozen or it just disappeared without outgoing transaction?

Are you kyc verified there and your account was frozen when you deposited that 0.4? as per your
"when you add bitcoin they make your account is frozen"

For faster response you can message all there social media handles as well.
https://www.facebook.com/paxful
https://twitter.com/paxful
https://www.instagram.com/paxful/
or even post on there subreddit https://www.reddit.com/r/paxful/
Activity: 2338
December 06, 2019, 07:42:41 PM
Did you get your account locked or your balance frozen? What's your account username in paxful and how you got that 0.4 btc ? I don't expect that you deposited them at once. Did you try to contact the support via mail ?  Paxful forced KYC for its users, may be you just need to verify your account. Please check again your mail box and try to get the answer about why this did happen to you.

By providing more details about the case and how you got scammed by Paxful, you can start an accusation thread against them in the Scam Accusation board so people may find a way , somehow , to help you or at least rise the awareness about the risk of using them.
Let's not forget that paxful is not the right place to store big amounts, as it's not also that trusted to make large trades.

Am so sorry about your lost funds and wish you to get them back.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
December 06, 2019, 06:30:37 PM
hello everyone don't you ever try to stock your bitcoin in to paxful ther are a scam they scam me and rip me for 0.40 btc I try to call them no one respnad and in the live chat no one respand and when I send them a message all have the same anwser sience 11 days thank you for your pationt we will fowerd this to our admin so Im here to let you know that if you pute any amount of bitcoin to any paxful account you are risking to lose your funds dont you ever do that .
so you start to buy and sell normally without any problem when you add bitcoin they make your account is frozen when you try to contact them your problem will never resolved be careful
Pages:
Jump to: