Pages:
Author

Topic: Paying .05btc for Good 7950 drivers/working settings (ReOPEN!!) - page 3. (Read 4370 times)

legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431
Is that only with 7000 series cards? 5000 series cards mine just fine while gaming, even with 13.x drivers.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
Since you tried 12.8 which is in my opinion the best option for mining I would opt for the following:
13.1 drivers (plz remember to NOT install the SDK option when installing)
SDK 2.7 (Link: http://developer.amd.com/wordpress/media/files/AMD-APP-SDK-v2.7-Windows-641.exe)

This combination should do the trick.
So far 12.8 IS trial-by-fire the best for me to mine with. T^T
Failure.
The issue: All drivers past the 12.8 release are Unable to perform mine bitcoins while running a videogame, While mining while gaming on Any game. All "bitmining" software Crashes and stops while the GPU briefly locks up after about 14 seconds to two minutes, Asif about to reboot/restart/recover.

How to reproduce?
Install any 13.x drivers
Install your favorite bitmining software (I reccomend CGMiner 3.30)
Run the bitmining software, with a modest intensity, Like 3
Run the videogame

You should soon experiance a GPU lockup, followed by a message stating that "(bitmining program here) has stopped working"

This issue Does Not exsist in the 12.8 drivers, and exsists in seemingly all 13.x drivers
I desperatley want to upgrade my drivers, But i am constantly cleaning and rebooting my system just looking for drivers that work!

I have been stuck on the 12.8 drivers ever since they were released.

BUMP!
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Since you tried 12.8 which is in my opinion the best option for mining I would opt for the following:
13.1 drivers (plz remember to NOT install the SDK option when installing)
SDK 2.7 (Link: http://developer.amd.com/wordpress/media/files/AMD-APP-SDK-v2.7-Windows-641.exe)

This combination should do the trick.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
°°°°°°°°°°°°I am stuck on 12.8 drivers, I can't fnd newer drivers that I can Mine While Gaming on°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Alright, so based on the title you would assume this to be an easy task right? Well thats what i thought, and now here I am offering a .05btc bounty for who ever can complete this task.
Im going to make this very clear, The drivers need to be fully capable of Mining, and Gaming at the same time with proper effeciency.
I run One XFX 7950 on Windows 7 64bit with a PhenomIIx6 1090T 3.4ghz processor, So im sure thats not an issue.

Now then, onto the issue. (X represents that I forgot)
I have tried drivers 12.9-12.10-13.2betaX-13.3betaX-13.5beta2
All of wich have failed in one way or another and I have become absolutely sick and tired of driver swapping and cleaning and rebooting-etc so im willing to pay for someone Else to test drivers for me before I try them, I currently run on the 12.8 drivers for my 7950, Wich obviously is not that optimal for gaming, I'll provide some examples below

When mining (CGMiner 3.10) at intensity 3, I can play Any videogame at proper frame rates while on 12.8 (by proper, I mean that it never drops by more than 10fps when Im mining)

-----Gaming Without Mining-----
BF3=48fps AVERAGE, GPU usage avrg 72%
Leage of Legends= 60fps, GPU usage avrg 23%
Touhou 13=60fps (MANDATORY), GPU usage avrg 12%

----Gaming With Intesnsity 3----
BF3, 42fps avrg, GPU usage 99% 131MH/s avrg
LoL, 57fps avrg, GPU usage 99% 292MH/s avrg common brief graphic errors that only exsist in <12.10
Touhou, 60fps Mandatory, GPU usage 99% 434MH/s avrg

--------------------Heres the 13.2betaX where I got better gaming results, but the mining was horrific.

BF3=53fps AVERAGE, GPU usage avrg 79%
Leage of Legends= 60fps, GPU usage avrg 22%
Touhou 13=60fps (MANDATORY), GPU usage avrg 9%

BF3, 32fps avrg, GPU usage 99% 80MH/s CGMiner Crashes after 5-30 seconds
LoL, 45fps avrg, <-Unaccecptable, GPU usage 99% 218MH/s avrg
Touhou, 59fps=FAILURE, GPU usage 99% 382MH/s

-------------------Heres the 13.5beta2 driver results--------------------

BF3=57fps AVERAGE, GPU usage avrg 81%
Leage of Legends= 60fps, GPU usage avrg 19%
Touhou 13=60fps (MANDATORY), GPU usage avrg 4%

BF3, 27fps avrg, GPU usage 99% 240MH/s CGMiner Crashes after 5-30 seconds
LoL, 59fps avrg=Great!, GPU usage 99% 408MH/s avrg CGMiner Crashes after 30seconds to 3 minutes
Touhou, 60fps=GREAT!, GPU usage 99% 530MH/s CGMiner crashes after ROUGHLY 3-5minutes

Happy driver hunting!, If you provide me with the drivers or settings that allow me to Mine and Game EFFICIENTLY then I will happily send .05btc to the address of your choice
Pages:
Jump to: