Pages:
Author

Topic: [ PAYING 33-53 BTC ] Create a Graphical Introduction to Bitcoin Thread - page 2. (Read 3196 times)

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
I might be down for this if the OP is still serious about it. I have graphic design experience and my favorite kind is technical explanations and break downs. I can make something very elegant, simple, stylish, and consumable. If so please confirm so I know I am not wasting my time, thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
I'm 16 years old, and got into Bitcoin when I was 15 years old. Granted I've been programming, doing server administration, and the likes for years and years, but I was able to understand the technical aspect of it.

That said, it isn't necessary to understand the technical side of it, and is in fact a turn-off to a lot of people. It makes Bitcoin seem "geeky" and only for tech guys. If the person is really interested in the technical side of it, they can learn that after the fact.

Just introduce them to Bitcoin, I say. But then, this isn't my bounty.

+1, you nailed it.

Unfortunately, computer geeks typically aren't too great at psychology which is the basis for effective marketing.

People like to feel safe, secure, loved, cool, sexy, excited, etc.

Nobody gives a shit about C++ or linux or FPGAs or cryptography.

But, if you can convince someone that using Bitcoin makes them cooler and sexier, then you have a winner.  When you have an unbelievably awesome product and you market it inappropriately, you end up where TiVo is.

Why would cryptocurrency be cool or sexy?

I don't see even the most hardcore Bitcoin fans in lingerie running around showing off their wallet.dat swag.

You know, you're right.  And since you're on the right track, why don't you tell all those beer, toothpaste, car, gum, cigarette, shoe, etc. advertisers that they don't know what they're doing.  Seriously, why would beer or cigarettes or shoes ever be sexy?

And for the love of god, tell Bit-Pay to get rid of that uninteresting chick who draws absolutely no attention whatsoever.  Wtf were they thinking?!?!?!
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I'm 16 years old, and got into Bitcoin when I was 15 years old. Granted I've been programming, doing server administration, and the likes for years and years, but I was able to understand the technical aspect of it.

That said, it isn't necessary to understand the technical side of it, and is in fact a turn-off to a lot of people. It makes Bitcoin seem "geeky" and only for tech guys. If the person is really interested in the technical side of it, they can learn that after the fact.

+1, you nailed it.

Unfortunately, computer geeks typically aren't too great at psychology which is the basis for effective marketing.

But, if you can convince someone that using Bitcoin makes them cooler and sexier, then you have a winner.  When you have an unbelievably awesome product and you market it inappropriately, you end up where TiVo is.

Why would cryptocurrency be cool or sexy?

I don't see even the most hardcore Bitcoin fans in lingerie running around showing off their wallet.dat swag.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

+1, you nailed it.

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!
Mushroom maybe you should change the font and color.
it looks good, maybe he will pay you!
Oh god I am so confused right now

Simple english translation: the font and color are bad. Change them.

Mushroom is a master of 8-bit art, asking him to change that might not be his style.
That was a mock up! Also, I'm slightly color blind so forgive me for the awful colors. I'm working right now together to create the graphic Tongue
Activity: 182
Why not thoroughly educate the youth?

The "Technical info (18+)" is kind of insulting as well.

I completely agree! I am 14 an I am interested in the technical side of it! How insulting!

Simple english translation: the font and color are bad. Change them.
R-
Activity: 238
Pasta

Huh?
legendary
Hello!
legendary
Hello!
working on this, is the technical part optional?
https://i.imgur.com/gG2j1.jpg
Ill make it look better, just want to set out a structure for now. I need to add a few more sections when I can.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
Why not thoroughly educate the youth?

The "Technical info (18+)" is kind of insulting as well.
R-
Activity: 238
Pasta
Hello,
 I am looking for someone to create an introduction to Bitcoin primer. It will be formatted for a forum, which means you will use BBcode when formatting the post.

*Your audience will be a group ages 12-16 years old. That means, I do not want LOTS OF references to a crypto-currencies and salt hashes. Using metpahors and anologies will be your best weapon in explaining what Bitcoin is. At the bottom you can put, if you would like a more technical introduction to Bitcoin click here:

The thread you make must be very professional looking. That means, I would like each section divided by a cool graphic (icon or other) with the title of each section as a .jpg in interesting font. If you wish, you can make the entire thread one big graphic so you can customize it to your liking.
 This thread should be very picture heavy.

Required sections (however, there will be more that you will come up with).
-What is Bitcoin?
-How is it different than other currencies , versus Fiat, versus LR$, versus PayPal??
-Why People use Bitcoin?
  > Pros/cons
-How can I get Bitcoins (exchanges, free giveaways etc.)
-Where do I store my Bitcoins (links to ewallets and bitcoin-qt) ?
-What can I buy with Bitcoins (only list the popular ones)?
-How the is price of a Bitcoin determined?
-FAQ (remember your target audience
-Technical introduction to Bitcoin (Audience of 18+)

Each section will be max 8 sentences long.

You can draw inspiritation from these threads:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=7269.0%5b/url
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--9430
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Getting_started
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/FAQ
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Myths

Questions? > PM me.

Regards,
Robert
Pages:
Jump to: