Pages:
Author

Topic: Paypal Accepting Bitcoin Payments!?!?!?!?!?! - page 3. (Read 3155 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Run a Full Node-Just Do It!
cool ... so i can use bitcoin and get raped for 3% for the privilege ... or i can just pay for shit with *money* from my bank account through paypal and pay 0% ... tough call ...

I don;t think you understand. As a merchant you are selling a computer for $100 on your website coolstufflikethis100dollarcomputer.com

You offer to sell your computer through paypal:
User spends $100 paypal charges 2%+ 0.15 fee* You get 97.85 USD
You offer to sell your computer through Authorize.net's official credit portal
User spend $100 authorize charge 1.9% +0.3 fee* You get 97.80 USD
You offer to sell your computer through coinbase
User spends $100 coinbase charges 1% fee you get 99 USD

So no matter what you use there's going to be a fee, now you could mitigate this by installing the cheapest credit card processor on your website, paypal directly, venmo directly, integrating with apple pay directly, integrating with coinbase directly(or even using your own standalone bitcoind baring the risk of getting hacked) to save the most money or you could just install a few lines of code and have all of those things ready to roll.

I'm not advertising for braintree or paypal just saying this is what happens everyday albeit they cost more but you get more in less time and time is money.

(Also half or more of what braintree colects has to go to their third party processors for each payment option anyway so)

*Fee's guestimated
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
fee's are not the problem, after all on most days there is a difference of more than 3% between exchanges.

for instance right now
BTC-e        253.00 USD
OKCoin.com    254.17 USD
Bitfinex            255.80 USD
Bitstamp        256.33 USD
LocalBitcoins    290.31 USD

so if you bought off localbitcoins.com you would complain that there was a 12% fee compared to btc-e
so if you bought off bitstamp.com you would complain that there was a 1.3% fee compared to btc-e

and thats just treating the spot spread as a fee before you even include the actual service fee.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
cool ... so i can use bitcoin and get raped for 3% for the privilege ... or i can just pay for shit with *money* from my bank account through paypal and pay 0% ... tough call ...
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
it seems they are run by legit company Paypal, transaction fees are not much to get paypal for bitcoins,
thanks for sharing this post i just made my account there and will make a test transaction there let's see how it goes.
"2.9% + $.30 per transaction" for all payment methods?

Talk about shitting in the face of Bitcoin.

That removes all the benefit and Braintree takes all that as profit.

Well they are using coinbase for there integration so coinbase charges 1% they charge 1% then they take the addtional 0.9% for all of the customer service they are going to have to do and 30 cents/tx covers there server/power/other associated costs.

Don't get me wrong they will make a killing off of this if it goes mainstream but at the same time for a "non bitcoin payment service" to use bitcoin these are the fees they are used to, so they will continue to charge them.
Activity: 907
Merit: 1003
"2.9% + $.30 per transaction" for all payment methods?

Talk about shitting in the face of Bitcoin.

That removes all the benefit and Braintree takes all that as profit.
The title of this thread literary made me want to end my life. 

I am just kidding.  No one should end their life.  haha 

I was literaly just like what the fuck spam links on Wired.com but it was actually a link to brain tree and I almost did a spit take which would have ruined my laptop (Redbull does not give your lapatop wings I promise)

No transaction fees on your first $50k. Cool and thanks for posting.

Yeah pretty neat, definitely going to be doing my research I would love to try doing something with the v.ZERO sdk, might sign up just to play with it.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
That Darn Cat
The title of this thread literary made me want to end my life. 

I am just kidding.  No one should end their life.  haha 
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
No transaction fees on your first $50k. Cool and thanks for posting.
This is not a scam thread I swear to damn.

Just click here:
https://www.braintreepayments.com/

Braintree a company wholly owned by paypal is Allowing you to accept payments from Applepay, Paypal, and BITCOINS

They seem to be allowing coinbase integration. So does this mean that logging into your paypal/ebay page and topping up your account with bitcoins is going to be the new thing?

I'm not a big fan of paypal but to see someone who has adamantly fought the rise of bitcoins every step of the way now accepting them at least through one of their venues is unreal to me.

Pages:
Jump to: