Pages:
Author

Topic: PayPal becomes first major fintech to launch dollar-backed stablecoin - page 4. (Read 507 times)

legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun
Tether guys not happy!  Grin

First, because this kind of issuance by private money has already been frowned upon by regulators, think about Meta so that it can be an acid test for regulators: has the stance changed since the Meta experiment?

They won't care that much.
Facebook fucked up with Libra by trying to make it a global currency and them acting like an international central bank, everyone was afraid it would end up with some crypto coin in their country that claims to be stable, backed by true reserve, and in reality outside their jurisdiction.
This is just Paypal money, backed by usd, running in usd and probably already doing everything under their supervision.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
In critical news Today, PayPal decided to launch its stablecoin.

PayPal becomes first major fintech to launch dollar-backed stablecoin

PayPal's stablecoin, dubbed PayPal USD, is backed by U.S. dollar deposits and short-term U.S. Treasuries and will be issued by Paxos Trust Co. It will gradually be available to PayPal customers in the United States.

It's an important news to me.
First, because this kind of issuance by private money has already been frowned upon by regulators, think about Meta so that it can be an acid test for regulators: has the stance changed since the Meta experiment?

Secondly, with high-interest rates, collecting liquidity for free and investing in Treasuries can boost PayPal revenues.

This is the contract.

Of course, this is not an isolated venture of PayPal in cryptocurrencies, as they have been quite active in the past, as you may recall.

PayPal to allow cryptocurrency buying, selling and shopping on its network

I am on the move today; I will update this OP with more relevant information later.

Pages:
Jump to: