Pages:
Author

Topic: PayPal could benefit greatly from providing a wallet service - page 4. (Read 2412 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 502
Circa 2010
They could make cash from the fluctuations in Bitcoin's price, as opposed to transaction fees. This would force them to create an exchange and act as a wallet. This would not only help PayPal business wise, but it would help the people who are interested in Bitcoin get involved that aren't too sure about about digital currencies. If they don't do it, they'll be out of business from someone that will.

As I've stated before, by promoting Bitcoin in any way they will inevitably weaken the value of Paypal as a payment system. Unless they perceive that the revenue from running a Bitcoin exchange (which will be costly to get the appropriate licensing in place as well as legal agreements in multiple countries) will greatly outstrip the losses from a shift away from Paypal I'm doubtful they would actually do it. Not to mention, the market that Bitcoin reaches is still tiny in comparison to what CC/PP reaches at the moment.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Wont ever do it though too much tension between the 2.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
I despise PayPal for their greedy fees too, but in the end if there's money to be made they'll go after it or someone else will. At least for now, I see PayPal getting involved as something more beneficial to Bitcoin than Bitcoin being more beneficial to PayPal. Also remember, they both compete with each other!
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital
They could make cash from the fluctuations in Bitcoin's price, as opposed to transaction fees. This would force them to create an exchange and act as a wallet. This would not only help PayPal business wise, but it would help the people who are interested in Bitcoin get involved that aren't too sure about about digital currencies. If they don't do it, they'll be out of business from someone that will.

Exchange/Wallet combination idea comes from http://www.panture.com/why-paypal-should-integrate-a-wallet-service-for-bitcoin/

I seriously dont want PayPal to be a big player in BTC business. Those bulky sharks come with a lots of regulation. Let them die with FIAT.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0

Exchange/Wallet combination idea comes from http://www.panture.com/why-paypal-should-integrate-a-wallet-service-for-bitcoin/

Pages:
Jump to: