Pages:
Author

Topic: PayPal for Bitcoin [Solving Chargebacks Professionally?] - page 2. (Read 6950 times)

Activity: 268
Merit: 256

Couldn't the blockchain prove to be basically proof of shipping?

No. Bitcoin transactions are anonymous and by a wallet ID/address one cannot prove a transaction as the wallet does not hold any proof like ID card or address proof. Only the IP address is recorded which is not sufficient that you have sent the bitcoins to the person. Xapo uses mobile verification but still it is not a solid proof.

That's why people prefer using Virwox or localbitcoins for exchange. Even Ebay transactions can be chargedback.

You can prove you own an address by signing a message using that address. The proof is the fact that you own the private key to that address which, like the name says, should be private and one that only you have. Also, your IP Address is never recorded.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057
SpacePirate.io
We all know the number one reason why PayPal isn't used in trading Btc is because of Chargebacks. Does anyone know how we can prevent this, say like providing receipts or maybe making someone signs a legal document. I would like to make a site to host these transactions and I would like it to be hole free, any ideas?

Last year I was "admonished" by PayPal for selling BTC for PayPal electronically. The ones they didn't care about were paper wallets sent via FedEx. Either way, still risky... Paypal is behind the times, they don't "get it". It's like they are still AOL with install discs, while fiber is being dropped in homes. Give it 5 years and no one will even know what Paypal is, they'll be the radioshack of money transfer.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
PayPal Masspay is presumably unchargebackable.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

No. Bitcoin transactions are anonymous and by a wallet ID/address one cannot prove a transaction as the wallet does not hold any proof like ID card or address proof. Only the IP address is recorded which is not sufficient that you have sent the bitcoins to the person. Xapo uses mobile verification but still it is not a solid proof.

That's why people prefer using Virwox or localbitcoins for exchange. Even Ebay transactions can be chargedback.
Activity: 448
I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.

Chances are that the mere mention of 'bitcoin' in your PP counterclaim would make you lose the case. This is based on other users' shared experiences, it's not formally documented anywhere AFAIK.

Have the buyer use the address form to put their btc address then reference how blockchain for shipping?
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

Chances are that the mere mention of 'bitcoin' in your PP counterclaim would make you lose the case. This is based on other users' shared experiences, it's not formally documented anywhere AFAIK.
We all know the number one reason why PayPal isn't used in trading Btc is because of Chargebacks. Does anyone know how we can prevent this, say like providing receipts or maybe making someone signs a legal document. I would like to make a site to host these transactions and I would like it to be hole free, any ideas?

There is no way to be safe from cashbacks unless you are dealing with physical goods/products that are couriered or things that can be proved on paper. I don't think for Bitcoins, anyone would provide a legal document for an exchange but if there is any signed document like in case of physical goods where you can produce a courier receipt while selling/buying the product, then chargebacks couldn't be successful.

You can read about it here: https://www.paypal.com/in/webapps/mpp/chargebacks

legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

There is no way to be safe from cashbacks unless you are dealing with physical goods/products that are couriered or things that can be proved on paper. I don't think for Bitcoins, anyone would provide a legal document for an exchange but if there is any signed document like in case of physical goods where you can produce a courier receipt while selling/buying the product, then chargebacks couldn't be successful.

You can read about it here: https://www.paypal.com/in/webapps/mpp/chargebacks
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
I'm still puzzled by the PayPal chargeback thing. About 2 months ago I was at the other side of the transaction, buying BTC for PP from several users here. Obviously I had to send PP first. Most transactions went smoothly, but I eventually got scammed for a "small" amount (about $80) by this user.

My mistake, I was in a hurry to get BTC to buy digital goods, so I took that risk quite recklessly with the family & friends kind of PP payment. The user was noob but didn't have any negative feedback by then, and I thought the worst case scenario was that he wouldn't send the BTC but I could chargeback with the "my account was hacked" trick that had been discussed previously in other topics.

Turns out that when I attempted to charge back, my requested was rejected by PP within 48 hours and without any human-written explanation (just the default template like "request reviewed by staff but denied").

Bottom line is that the scammer has got my money and I've got nothing but that stupid story. I could try to chargeback on my credit card, but I won't bother because I hate the paperwork and hassles that CC chargeback procedure involves. I didn't even bother to leave negative feedback on the scammer since he had already got plenty in the meantime and had obviously abandoned his account. I just won't deal with noobs again, even when I want something quickly and I'm short of BTC Wink
Pages:
Jump to: