Pages:
Author

Topic: Paypal is a b*tch. - page 3. (Read 4627 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
July 25, 2011, 01:46:03 PM
They did the same thing to me recently and I have more then 300+ feedback on eBay and all are postive.

Any mention of bitcoins in your auctions?
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
July 25, 2011, 01:45:00 PM
21 days is enormous long, for many businesses it is unacceptable.
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
July 25, 2011, 01:40:02 PM
Check out this bologna:

We're writing to let you know about a change to your PayPal account.

Starting 7/24/2011, money from payments you receive will be placed in a pending balance for up to 21 days. By doing this, we're making sure that there's enough money in your account to cover potential refunds or claims.

Even though you can't access the money right away, please ship orders quickly and communicate with your customers. After 21 days, you can withdraw money from each payment as long as the customer hasn't filed a dispute, chargeback, claim, return, or reversal.
The money may be available sooner if:

1. We can confirm that the item was delivered.
   2. Your buyer leaves positive feedback. (Applies only to eBay items)

This change isn't necessarily permanent. We'll review your account every 35 days and re-evaluate if we should continue to hold your payments. If we decide to stop holding payments, we'll email you to let you know.

Why are my payments being held?
We reviewed your account and determined that there's a relatively higher than average risk of future transaction issues (such as claims, or chargebacks, or payment reversals). We understand that it may be inconvenient to have your payments temporarily held but please know that we didn't make this decision lightly.

Before deciding to hold payments, we consider many factors. These factors include account and transaction activity, the rate of customer disputes, the type of business a seller runs, average delivery timeframes, customer satisfaction, performance and history.

21 day hold = paypal is useless to me

I haven't sold anything on ebay in months.  I suspect that this is related to a couple of bitcoin transactions I've made.  Though I haven't sold bitcoins, so the question of chargebacks is arguable.   

I wonder if they're just going through their records and crippling everyone who's got any involvement with the BTC?

Pages:
Jump to: