Pages:
Author

Topic: Paypal is going to allow users to withdraw coin to other wallet - page 2. (Read 279 times)

copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
It is fairly easy to allow users to buy/sell crypto, all you would have to do is to use existing systems to check for available balance then send orders to a partner exchange. Allowing for crypto deposits and withdrawals is much more complex as you will need to manage the hot wallet and unspent outputs, to develop a system that doesn’t get tricked into sending the same withdrawal twice, etc.  A company holding millions or billions of dollars worth of bitcoin is not going to use existing open source software/solutions without first extensively testing said software, including how it integrates with their existing systems.

I am glad they will soon allow bitcoin withdrawals and hopefully this will stop most PayPal related scams around here. I don’t think I am the only one who finds this ironic though.

One line on the article got caught my attention..

PayPalCoin?
"On a rumour that PayPal plans to launch its own stablecoin, da Ponte was more downbeat. “This is way too early,” he said. "
Repeat source link

It looks like the author speculated about a PayPal stable coin, and PayPal shot down the speculation.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 769
One line on the article got caught my attention..

PayPalCoin?
"On a rumour that PayPal plans to launch its own stablecoin, da Ponte was more downbeat. “This is way too early,” he said. "
Repeat source link

Wont be surprised that they would really be having their own coin but it doesnt really make a difference but honestly on the current changes that
they made then its actually a good news.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2012
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
Earlier paypal have started to allow people to buy sell cryptocurrency (a few) but that was totally a stupid idea (not allowing users to withdraw fund). But they are going to change their decision and allow users to withdraw fund. I think this is great decision.
Source- https://www.coindesk.com/paypal-will-let-customers-withdraw-crypto-exec-says
Pages:
Jump to: