Pages:
Author

Topic: Paypal is growing faster than Bitcoin - page 4. (Read 3656 times)

Activity: 631
Merit: 500
January 22, 2016, 06:35:58 AM
It's hard to believe this is true.
A while ago I saw a screenshot where bitcoin already bypassed paypal. LIke it should, since bitcoin has more features for the average user.

Exactly, bitcoin is very transparent as compared to Paypal, Paypal involves a list of rules and regulations and it is also noticed that Paypal has lots of hidden charges which it imposed on their customers, So in short customers are being cheated by Paypal, on the other hand Bitcoin has no hidden charges and transactions are very cheap and instant, So people who are into bitcoins would surely never use Paypal.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
January 22, 2016, 06:33:48 AM
The number of users PayPal has isn't that much honest, For example I myself own more than 30 accounts in PayPal, Some were closed or limited, some I just forgot about and had no balance, BTC doesn't have that huge number but the few millions it has are active users and that can be demonstrated by the number of transactions (and total value).
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
January 22, 2016, 06:21:43 AM
It's hard to believe this is true.
A while ago I saw a screenshot where bitcoin already bypassed paypal. LIke it should, since bitcoin has more features for the average user.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1002
January 22, 2016, 05:21:44 AM
You have to wonder if all those "new" users are really new. One of Paypal's tricks in the past was to invent fictional breaches of therir terms to lock accounts. They were then moving their balances straight into their p&l account. I don't know if they are still doing this now that they are no longer owned by Ebay. What I do know is that I have been offered a free $10 for a domain name related action, and I won't use PayPal after they tried to scam me for $650. I have tried to give away that $10 to four people, and all have declined. One is another person that won't use PayPal, and the other declined because they don't trust Paypal (but still use it ? ).
Yes, paypal has many ridiculous policies, has many limitation once found out, u
your account will be limited straightaway. Especially for merchants, many chargebacks take place. They have to accept it because it is popular by buyers. It is business risk that they have to take if they want to run it.

We can see on few examples from past that not best technology win always. It`s a marketing and wide acceptance of people which push popularity up.
I would wish that Bitcoin has similar power to show his best.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
January 22, 2016, 05:21:12 AM
I think paypal will remain on top of bitcoin as long as people don't provide all services with bitcoin everywhere in world. Because of this people have to trade/exchange bitcoins with paypal or some other money.
for at the moment perhaps indeed paypal above on bitcoin, but bitcoin spread very quickly on the Internet, since 2009
You will see 5 years, bitcoin above from paypal

Yeah and it is not a better option to compare paypal to bitcoin as paypal's market cap and customer base is more and bitcoin is new and at the other end, paypal is payment system and bitcoin is a currency, so I don't think this is a valid comparision, we will compare paypal to bitcoin after 5 years.
Activity: 658
January 22, 2016, 05:17:34 AM
I think paypal will remain on top of bitcoin as long as people don't provide all services with bitcoin everywhere in world. Because of this people have to trade/exchange bitcoins with paypal or some other money.
for at the moment perhaps indeed paypal above on bitcoin, but bitcoin spread very quickly on the Internet, since 2009
You will see 5 years, bitcoin above from paypal
legendary
Activity: 950
January 22, 2016, 05:16:14 AM
You have to wonder if all those "new" users are really new. One of Paypal's tricks in the past was to invent fictional breaches of therir terms to lock accounts. They were then moving their balances straight into their p&l account. I don't know if they are still doing this now that they are no longer owned by Ebay. What I do know is that I have been offered a free $10 for a domain name related action, and I won't use PayPal after they tried to scam me for $650. I have tried to give away that $10 to four people, and all have declined. One is another person that won't use PayPal, and the other declined because they don't trust Paypal (but still use it ? ).
Yes, paypal has many ridiculous policies, has many limitation once found out, u
your account will be limited straightaway. Especially for merchants, many chargebacks take place. They have to accept it because it is popular by buyers. It is business risk that they have to take if they want to run it.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
January 22, 2016, 05:08:51 AM
Paypal is already mainstream and I don't think we can compare Bitcoin to Paypal. Bitcoin can't compare head to head with it as well since Bitcoin have less merchants using it. If both are at same level that would be a nice comparison.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462
https://JetCash.com
January 22, 2016, 05:04:26 AM
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
January 22, 2016, 04:38:44 AM
legendary
Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035
Bitcoin accepted here
January 22, 2016, 04:08:07 AM
Of course it's  growing faster: 99.9% of the online merchants accept it.

it would be more interesting to see how much paypal needed to reach this stage of awareness and how much was small at the beginning

but in the end paypal is not comparable with bitcoin directly, one is a payment system the other an escrow between two party
PP offers buyer protection and it works, I experienced it firsthand.
Activity: 518
January 22, 2016, 04:00:51 AM
We really can't compare paypal with bitcoin, bitcoin act as currency and paypal just act as a place to store currency.
Bitcoin has a fluctuating value and paypal hasn't. That's make people choose paypal rather than bitcoin, mostly  they afraid about bitcoin value moving up and down faster that strange for them.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
January 22, 2016, 03:59:44 AM

it would be more interesting to see how much paypal needed to reach this stage of awareness and how much was small at the beginning

but in the end paypal is not comparable with bitcoin directly, one is a payment system the other an escrow between two party
legendary
Activity: 1344
January 22, 2016, 03:55:52 AM
There's another topic comparing the 2: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/paypal-or-bitcoin-1260666

The subject here is that between 2014 and 2015, Paypal gained 16 millions new users (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/about). There's no way to be sure as it's impossible to count how many users BTC has, but I believe it's more than BTC. Much more. So I'm asking why? And ultimately, what can be done to reverse this trend?

Since BTC is cheaper to use, I guess Paypal is more successful because it's better at making its users feel safe, without any dark cloud/block size issue above their heads.

I sincerely believe BTC's one hundred times better than Paypal because it's a currency, and unregulated, but something clearly has to change. I've been here long enough to remember guys writing that BTC would kill Paypal, it hasn't, and it doesn't look that it will.

In the Fiat world everything expands exponentially especially the bs
legendary
Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035
Bitcoin accepted here
January 22, 2016, 03:54:57 AM
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
January 22, 2016, 03:45:17 AM
Ofcourse you grow faster if you are more widely known.

Just look at how facebook was growing in its early days and how happy the team was when they hit 1 million users.. They were growing hundreds to thousands a day and now thye get tons of daily sign ups.

The bigger you are, the more potential growth speed you have.

Bitcoin will see it's exponential growth, im sure of that.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
January 22, 2016, 03:40:42 AM
Of course PayPal ia growing faster and enjoys more popularity from the people. It's just normal. I also believe Bitcoin is much better than PayPal, but we need to convince the average Joe's of this world to give Bitcoin a fair chance. But how........
Yes I think paypal is indeed growing faster than the bitcoin because paypal is always updated. Although many conveniences bitcoin bitcoin good and still not balanced in the selling price, and it should be corrected. I think bitcoin could exceed paypal if handled more seriously.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛
January 21, 2016, 11:16:02 PM
You know why PayPal is growing faster than bitcoin? Because it is a company with goals, contracts, budget for promotion and advertisement.
While bitcoin is like ship without a captain, drifting around in random direction, no plan, no will to evolve. Of course PayPal will win.
Bitcoin doesn't have a captain, but it has so many crews that more loyal than PayPal's crews.
legendary
Activity: 966
TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
January 21, 2016, 09:53:39 PM
You know why PayPal is growing faster than bitcoin? Because it is a company with goals, contracts, budget for promotion and advertisement.
While bitcoin is like ship without a captain, drifting around in random direction, no plan, no will to evolve. Of course PayPal will win.
They also have hired on developing staff from bitcoin companies to strengthen their company brand.
The former Xapo employee a few weeks ago was the last one to join the paypal ranks. So yes, paypal is on a mission and one they don't intend to lose to bitcoin that is going everywhere without a set path, as you just mentioned.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
thecryptocurrency.directory
January 21, 2016, 09:53:05 PM
There's another topic comparing the 2: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/paypal-or-bitcoin-1260666

The subject here is that between 2014 and 2015, Paypal gained 16 millions new users (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/about). There's no way to be sure as it's impossible to count how many users BTC has, but I believe it's more than BTC. Much more. So I'm asking why? And ultimately, what can be done to reverse this trend?

Since BTC is cheaper to use, I guess Paypal is more successful because it's better at making its users feel safe, without any dark cloud/block size issue above their heads.

I sincerely believe BTC's one hundred times better than Paypal because it's a currency, and unregulated, but something clearly has to change. I've been here long enough to remember guys writing that BTC would kill Paypal, it hasn't, and it doesn't look that it will.

There is an ongoing review on the rev share program community on mypayingads and if it is not resolve many share sites will stay away to paypal and accept bitcoin as alternative in fact many are now integrating bitcoin as one their payment processor,once that happen the market for bitcoin will grow..
Pages:
Jump to: