Pages:
Author

Topic: Paypal. Is. Scared. - page 3. (Read 2755 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
September 17, 2014, 01:00:07 AM
They should be scared. They are a shitty company that steals and locks accounts for no reason. I haven't seen any attack ads personally but the one listed on that site is weak.

Hopefully Google Wallet and Apple Pay will take away their grasp on online payments and p2p transfers.
They lock accounts because they cannot be certain as to who "owns" certain money in the account due to their charge backs policies. I think this will ultimately lead to the demise of paypal because someone with a balance in their account does not truly know if they will be able to actually spend the money. It is like having a transaction be "unconfirmed" for months while having the possibility of a "double spend" against your account.

Well crafted answer. This hits the nail on the head regarding paypal. While basically describing how the fundamentals of how bitcoin and a new business model is born.

Bitcoin does seem like it has quite a lot of potential to change the world drastically if it can take hold.
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
September 16, 2014, 11:22:35 PM
Never mind. Anyway, I do not use palpay and apple  Roll Eyes
Activity: 374
September 16, 2014, 11:16:47 PM
They should be scared. They are a shitty company that steals and locks accounts for no reason. I haven't seen any attack ads personally but the one listed on that site is weak.

Hopefully Google Wallet and Apple Pay will take away their grasp on online payments and p2p transfers.
They lock accounts because they cannot be certain as to who "owns" certain money in the account due to their charge backs policies. I think this will ultimately lead to the demise of paypal because someone with a balance in their account does not truly know if they will be able to actually spend the money. It is like having a transaction be "unconfirmed" for months while having the possibility of a "double spend" against your account.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
September 16, 2014, 10:07:52 PM

True enough this may be apple were talking about and while they compete with bitcoin the fact that were seeing some serious movement in the field because Bitcoin is shaking things up is good for all consumers in the end.
Plus paypal is a beech.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
September 16, 2014, 10:05:41 PM
plus you can't buy drugs or guns with paypal...yet!
Activity: 406
AltoCenter.com
September 16, 2014, 10:05:02 PM
I am not sure that I have heard any incident regarding the security concerns over PayPal, so still a safe bet. Cool Cool
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Time is on our side, yes it is!
September 16, 2014, 09:39:57 PM
Bitcoin was like...

and Paypal was like...

Activity: 274
Merit: 101
AI Growth Hacking, Crowd Shilling, and Guerrilla M
September 16, 2014, 09:32:56 PM
scared? i don't think so but it look like a political election. Don't show how good you are, show how bad the other is. Typical advertising by a company that nothing more to offer than the other one.

never had a problem with paypal. still use it but carefully.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
September 16, 2014, 09:27:41 PM
but they are reliable in that you can dispute payments and get refunds, something which still leaves the bitcoin open to scammers...still.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001
September 16, 2014, 09:26:35 PM

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
September 16, 2014, 09:01:41 PM
They're running attack ads on Apple's new payment system. COMPLETELY ignoring the fact that Paypal is as hackable as any online system and COMPLETELY ignoring the fact that they often shut down member accounts just so they can keep the money. http://www.wired.com/2014/09/paypals-attack-ad-shows-apples-power-inspire-fear-loathing/?mbid=social_fb
Pages:
Jump to: