Pages:
Author

Topic: Paypal just bent me over - page 2. (Read 15605 times)

legendary
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1003
VIS ET LIBERTAS
October 26, 2012, 01:53:52 AM
There is a way to sell BTC on eBay. Without all the fees. Especially without PayPal (and the concomitant risk of chargebacks and fraud, since PayPal is the #1 choice of financial criminals worldwide).
Create listings in Everything Else>Test Auctions>General. There are guidelines for test auctions, that make your listing invalid; nobody bidding on it will get you assessed fees or any liability. Make the listing title start with "TEST- " and in the listing itself, put "TEST - DO NOT BID". Disable PayPal in the payment options, and check some other electronic payment method (that you don't necessarily need to have), as well as Pay On Pickup.
Buyers will ideally just send you eBay messages to work out payment offsite, or you can insert an image with your contact details on it. Face-to-face, cash in mail, and Liberty Reserve are the most secure options for sellers to accept payment.
Here's an example: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230868571478
Dont you risk your egay account to be suspended?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
October 26, 2012, 01:42:19 AM

Funny. I mean the 180 day thing. Sure thing I won't use them again. Looking for a good alternative now

Here is a good alternative to Paypal.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
October 26, 2012, 01:26:53 AM
Sold bitcoins for PayPal. I had no chargebacks, however a couple of transactions were on temporary hold by PP for reviewal. One was released because the buyer confirmed it.

The very first transactions were probably the reason as some buyers wrote their bitcoin addresses in notes. After those I asked them to write that they were payments for SEO services, etc. So I didn't reallt do anything super bad.

You didn't do anything "bad" at all. PayPal's just assholes. You can try that trick earlier to change the account around to shake the money lose, but that's the only suggestion I have for you.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
October 26, 2012, 01:22:05 AM
Sold bitcoins for PayPal. I had no chargebacks, however a couple of transactions were on temporary hold by PP for reviewal. One was released because the buyer confirmed it.

The very first transactions were probably the reason as some buyers wrote their bitcoin addresses in notes. After those I asked them to write that they were payments for SEO services, etc. So I didn't reallt do anything super bad.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
October 26, 2012, 01:14:55 AM
Got my account closed to day, too. What a bunch of morons they are.

I've got like something left there and they say it will be available in 180 days. But I've read controversial posts. Some say they return, some say they don't. Any ideas?
What exactly did you do?
October 26, 2012, 01:14:31 AM

Funny. I mean the 180 day thing. Sure thing I won't use them again. Looking for a good alternative now
Activity: 532
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
October 26, 2012, 01:11:21 AM
October 26, 2012, 12:54:25 AM
Got my account closed to day, too. What a bunch of morons they are.

I've got like something left there and they say it will be available in 180 days. But I've read controversial posts. Some say they return, some say they don't. Any ideas?
Activity: 742
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
October 25, 2012, 08:16:52 PM
Best pic related to this subject I ever found.

In the years I have gotten paypal accounts verified, then gotten myself frozen, limited, whatever so many times, and ebay always loves me forever. I think the only business paypal gets now days is from older people who dont know of other options and scammers. If they ask you for documentation though, just send it and save yourself the headache. You gotta remember they cant contact these companies you submit documentation relating to you since they are not the person who the accounts belong to so privacy laws protect you. The people who work there are pretty lazy from what I have seen and just pushing it through the system seems to make them happy since you get off the phone.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Enabling the maximal migration
October 25, 2012, 08:00:32 PM
No, they see the sharp increase in funds in the account, that flags you. If I were you I would have them do all sorts of updates on the account, call them and talk to reps and ask them to tweak the mailing address or whatever. This will push you into a different status (I have done it before when they put a hold on my account.) and you will get an email saying you will be notified when the funds are available. And that 180 days will become 45.

Thanks for the tip - to be honest I'm not really worried about it. I'm thinking about it as an investment in a CD with a 6 month turnaround at 100%. Not so bad when you think about it like that =)

Yeah I agree, same way I looked at it, havent taken the time to verify another account either. BTW Paypal does not officially check any documentation you send them. They have asked me for proof of ownership from my supplier for things I have sold from around my house before, I just scanned a target receipt and sent it to them and they approved it. Its all for posturing and finding ways to hold onto your funds longer nothing more.

Lol that is ballsy.

I assumed as much about them holding onto funds.
October 25, 2012, 07:47:07 PM
No, they see the sharp increase in funds in the account, that flags you. If I were you I would have them do all sorts of updates on the account, call them and talk to reps and ask them to tweak the mailing address or whatever. This will push you into a different status (I have done it before when they put a hold on my account.) and you will get an email saying you will be notified when the funds are available. And that 180 days will become 45.

Thanks for the tip - to be honest I'm not really worried about it. I'm thinking about it as an investment in a CD with a 6 month turnaround at 100%. Not so bad when you think about it like that =)

Yeah I agree, same way I looked at it, havent taken the time to verify another account either. BTW Paypal does not officially check any documentation you send them. They have asked me for proof of ownership from my supplier for things I have sold from around my house before, I just scanned a target receipt and sent it to them and they approved it. Its all for posturing and finding ways to hold onto your funds longer nothing more.
legendary
October 25, 2012, 07:44:17 PM
There is a way to sell BTC on eBay. Without all the fees. Especially without PayPal (and the concomitant risk of chargebacks and fraud, since PayPal is the #1 choice of financial criminals worldwide).

Create listings in Everything Else>Test Auctions>General. There are guidelines for test auctions, that make your listing invalid; nobody bidding on it will get you assessed fees or any liability. Make the listing title start with "TEST- " and in the listing itself, put "TEST - DO NOT BID". Disable PayPal in the payment options, and check some other electronic payment method (that you don't necessarily need to have), as well as Pay On Pickup.

Buyers will ideally just send you eBay messages to work out payment offsite, or you can insert an image with your contact details on it. Face-to-face, cash in mail, and Liberty Reserve are the most secure options for sellers to accept payment.

Here's an example: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230868571478

Awesome, thanks brother. Much appreciated!
legendary
October 25, 2012, 07:43:20 PM

legendary
October 25, 2012, 07:40:19 PM
You should have sold an item with it that wasn't money. Enjoy the six month hold on your funds.

read two posts above douchebag.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
October 25, 2012, 07:29:42 PM

The auction was for a penny ( snail mailed), the bitcoins were free (digitally delivered).

I'm pretty sure there was another user here who was doing a similar thing with paper clips instead of pennies and they got shut down by PayPal too.

I was the one doing the paperclip thing. I did get a few chargebacks, but I actually won a dispute for $120 or so. The only difference with that scammer was that he left me positive feedback on eBay after I sent bitcoins. That may have worked in my favor during the dispute process, or it could just have been a fluke. I must emphasize: it was the ONLY dispute case I won. I haven't sold bitcoin on eBay in almost a year. The prices reflect the risk. You may sell a bitcoin for $20, but factor in all your scammers over time and you're not making $9 profit, but maybe $1 or $2.

I am genuinely sorry to hear of your recent incident with PalPal.
So, even when you provided shipping information for the paperclip, you lost other disputes?

Did you ever sell outside of eBay, but using paypal?
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
October 25, 2012, 07:26:57 PM

Activity: 318
Merit: 116
October 25, 2012, 07:18:33 PM

The auction was for a penny ( snail mailed), the bitcoins were free (digitally delivered).

I'm pretty sure there was another user here who was doing a similar thing with paper clips instead of pennies and they got shut down by PayPal too.

I was the one doing the paperclip thing. I did get a few chargebacks, but I actually won a dispute for $120 or so. The only difference with that scammer was that he left me positive feedback on eBay after I sent bitcoins. That may have worked in my favor during the dispute process, or it could just have been a fluke. I must emphasize: it was the ONLY dispute case I won. I haven't sold bitcoin on eBay in almost a year. The prices reflect the risk. You may sell a bitcoin for $20, but factor in all your scammers over time and you're not making $9 profit, but maybe $1 or $2.

I am genuinely sorry to hear of your recent incident with PalPal.
October 25, 2012, 07:05:31 PM
legendary
Activity: 1311
October 25, 2012, 06:53:43 PM
Did they ban your ebay?

Someone reported you probably.
Activity: 272
Merit: 250
Cryptopreneur
October 25, 2012, 06:46:49 PM
You should have sold an item with it that wasn't money. Enjoy the six month hold on your funds.
Pages:
Jump to: